civilian bob or tactical bob

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman89

Reaction score
i already have my bob built and waiting, but what kinda bob do you have? i set mine up in a decent size school back pack so this way when i bug out it doesnt draw attention. one reason i did this is if we ever come under martial law i can just make it seem like im going to school or whatever. where as the tactical bag makes you stand out due to size color and shape. only thing i wish was my bag was a little bigger due to the fact i had to leave somethings out such as carrying my own water but have filter straws and also left out a tarp but have garbage bags.
i want to make a bag for my fiance so we can split everything equally ( meaning i have the heavier bag)

i have a few bags, if i am going to be around a lot of people, i might use my civilian bag, since it looks like a backpack and is not full or looks filled with stuff. if i am just me and my wife, then the bigger bags come out to play.

I use a tactical backpack. I am not too worried about standing out, it is fairly common in these parts for there to be tactical gear everywhere. I am right by Tinker Airforce Base and I am in Oklahoma where everyone has a gun :)

Tactical backpack is the way to go. I already have a couple but one of my friends told me about this site that sells loaded bags; a lot of quality stuff in it too, not like those surplus bags. I got a 1-day for around 200. Go check it out. 1350ts.com

A tactical bag will be stronger, something to think about if you are moving through buildings, hopping over fences. Avoid camo, they could draw the wrong attention but have a cover made in case you have to stash it somewhere. Now, if your bug out plan has you traversing over long distance, look into tough civilian packs for expeditions, then have a camo cover made- tought cloth with some elastic sown on to fit over- think a big shower cap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367347784.461493.jpg

I was clearing out one of my glory holes cupboard for the unknowing. and I found the following items what a boost
32 x knives, 1 x head torch, A Silva compass, a 10x 25 monocular, A Hexamine cooker and fuel tabs, A multi tool sort of beastie its a pair of secateurs with other blades. and a foil space blanket and a whistle . and a saltn pepper combo thing. not a bad haul

I was clearing out one of my glory holes cupboard for the unknowing. and I found the following items what a boost
32 x knives, 1 x head torch, A Silva compass, a 10x 25 monocular, A Hexamine cooker and fuel tabs, A multi tool sort of beastie its a pair of secateurs with other blades. and a foil space blanket and a whistle . and a saltn pepper combo thing. not a bad haul

Can't go wrong with a Silva compass.

I use a large ALICE pack, my personal BOB weighs in at around 40lbs and has a lot of tactical gear. I carried nearly half my body weight on active duty with body armor, ammo gear etc over rugged terrain for long distances, so that ruck is pretty light for me and can sustain me well beyond 72 hours. I wouldn't recommend that much equipment unless you are used to carrying it but that's next to nothing for a "light" infantryman like me.

Why an ALICE pack? They are awesome is why, cheap but rugged and having carried one in pretty much every environment this earth has to offer with no issues, it has my trust. I can't say much about the new MOLLE rucks that they started issuing 7 years back, I had one but didn't get to test it as much as the ALICE.

I use a large ALICE pack, my personal BOB weighs in at around 40lbs and has a lot of tactical gear. I carried nearly half my body weight on active duty with body armor, ammo gear etc over rugged terrain for long distances, so that ruck is pretty light for me and can sustain me well beyond 72 hours. I wouldn't recommend that much equipment unless you are used to carrying it but that's next to nothing for a "light" infantryman like me.

Why an ALICE pack? They are awesome is why, cheap but rugged and having carried one in pretty much every environment this earth has to offer with no issues, it has my trust. I can't say much about the new MOLLE rucks that they started issuing 7 years back, I had one but didn't get to test it as much as the ALICE.

Nice to hear a hard tested review. Thank you for your service. Feel free to post up, due reviews, whatever.

I do agree the ALICE pack is one tough bag and for the price, if you get one from a surplus store, it its a good deal. Make sure you get the frame! I carried one for 11 years - airborne missions, woods, jungle of Panama, Alaska, deserts. Its a tough bag. But, as an avid backpacker, it's not a great design for carrying weight efficiently. That aside, it's designed to take a beating. So are others.

Latest posts

Back