Christmas 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Doing food prep tonight. We have a Christmas Eve tradition of eating appetizers all day, watching Christmas movies and building a gingerbread house.

So far I have, buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip, and sausage balls ready to pop into the oven tomorrow. The other dishes don't take as long to prep so I'll wait until morning for those.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and are "permitted" by the man to enjoy your family and friends.

We picked up a huge prime rib today. Had to get a store bought beef. Our beef won't be ready pick up until after Christmas. The kids are on the road now. Should be here by breakfast. The wife and I went out and cut a Christmas tree today. We just finished decorating it a few minutes ago. Its clear and cold tonight. Should be down around zero by morning.

Our first Christmas in Hungary. The neighbor invited us over for Christmas Eve, grog and spiced wine. He hid his childrens presents in our house, he had so little money that he sold his drill and some tools to buy the presents...just wants the kiddies to be happy! Christmas day will be at my BIL with his kids and we will call our own in Germany around lunchtime. The house is empty but our hearts are full. Good cheer and good health to all preppers and families out there. Gary

I'm not much of a preacher, usually I'll just keep it to myself but ; may God Bless You All, keep your hearts open.
Be good to your family and friends, like I need to say this, 'cause I know you will.

Arctic, speaking of beef. We have a friend who has his beef processed. He doesnt know how to cook brisket so he has given us 5 huge cuts. We have cooked one and it was delicious. They are the type that if you cant throw in on grill for 10 minutes and then eat, they don't want it. I spent about 4 hours cooking the smallest one and it would melt in your mouth. Husband got recipe off internet. He loves the food channel.

For Christmas dinner, I have a 9 pound prime rib roast thawing out. I'm roasting that, along with baked macaroni and cheese, sweet potato crunch, broccoli cassarol, oyster dressing, green bean and artichoke dressing, early green peas. A rich brown gravy and rice.

We will start with fresh shucked oysters, some raw with lemon, horse radish and hot sauce. Some charbroiled with butter, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese, then I have a seafood gumbo (shrimp, blue crab, oysters, crawfish) and a cajun potato salad.

My wife made lots of chocolate covered delights, peanut butter balls, pumpkin balls, Oreo balls, strawberry balls and pecan clusters,
1224201233.jpg

I think this is the first year in many we are NOT doing a prime rib roast. We're doing a roast duck with pecan-sherry-bacon wild rice dressing and roasted fresh asparagus. Hubs asked for simple cherry pie this year (not my usual 8-layer Black Forest Cake). It's in the oven as I am typing. :) I'm not much in a Christmas-y mood, so the pie sounded just fine to me, as the Black Forest Cake takes 2 days to put together. No company, so I opted for simple this year.

We have a tradition of going out to dinner after church on Christmas Eve, but Governor Nuisance has forced all restaurants to close for indoor/outdoor dining. I’ll bet that SOB has private seating somewhere for dinner tonight though. :mad:

I think this is the first year in many we are NOT doing a prime rib roast. We're doing a roast duck with pecan-sherry-bacon wild rice dressing and roasted fresh asparagus. Hubs asked for simple cherry pie this year (not my usual 8-layer Black Forest Cake). It's in the oven as I am typing. :) I'm not much in a Christmas-y mood, so the pie sounded just fine to me, as the Black Forest Cake takes 2 days to put together. No company, so I opted for simple this year.

Can I place an order to go, please?;)

Deep fried battered shrimp, potato salad with pickles, yeast bread braided and baked, walnuts with apples and honey, heated moonshine with honey, spiced heated red wine sitting in my newly finished living room in front of the fireplace with a beautiful blonde... life is good. Thankful for a full meal, a warm house, a warm bed and a loved one to be with. Lets not forget that millions of fellow Americans have lost loved ones and we have all lost fellow patriots. Praise the doctors and nurses who are carrying the world on their untiring and strong shoulders trying to save us from this dreadful virus and our other health needs...We wish you all a good appetite, a good Christmas season and a healthy New Year. God bless America and those who still love her, Gary

Had a great Christmas with the boys and grands today. One of the DILs requested an Oreo Dirt Cake for dessert. . . I gathered all the little grands around the table and told them that I made a cake for dessert but wanted to make sure it got good and cold so put it out in the garden last night since it was sooo cold outside, but I thought some worms may have gotten into my cake. I needed them too look (under the aluminum foil) to see and to get them all out before we could eat it. . . . ;) Got the oldest to take off the foil and those little girls squealed at ate every gummy worm I put on top of that cake in no time!! Best moment ever!!!!

Latest posts

Back