Children's BOB

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsc361

Reaction score
I'm a rookie prepper and was interested in some ideas, opinions, or suggestions on children's bags (1yr-8yrs old) I have four children and I'm starting to build them their bug out bags. Big issue for me mainly is what kind of bag would be good for children. All advice is welcomed, and thanks for reading.

as we all know..children grow fast..so clothes that are 3 to 4 sizes to large.they'll grow into them.games and other things that'll keep them entertained..water bottle/canteen...small reading books...chalk board and chalk for drawing..might try taking them on car rides and hikes through some woods.and come up with things to keep them entertained,like teaching them different trees and other plants..the ones in school.teach them all the different routes from school to home..even have meet up location where you or someone else meets up with them.and takes them on home from there.and if you have b.o.b. for the school kids.then you want to make sure they look like school bags..and make sure there's nothing them thats against school rules

and if you are gonna get them back-packs,get good ones,better and more comfy to carry stuff, bad ones will get them tired and tired kids don't wanna play along.. ;)

My Grandson would want a knife , sword and one of my firearms with his bag . He is 6 years old . He stays right with me hunting fishing or just working outside when he is over and I've got the day off from work .

as we all know..children grow fast..so clothes that are 3 to 4 sizes to large.they'll grow into them.games and other things that'll keep them entertained..water bottle/canteen...small reading books...chalk board and chalk for drawing..might try taking them on car rides and hikes through some woods.and come up with things to keep them entertained,like teaching them different trees and other plants..the ones in school.teach them all the different routes from school to home..even have meet up location where you or someone else meets up with them.and takes them on home from there.and if you have b.o.b. for the school kids.then you want to make sure they look like school bags..and make sure there's nothing them thats against school rules
Thanks for the information I will defiantly take it into consideration.

Get these for your school age kids for their backpacks they work as dry erase boards and stop all shotgun and hand gun calibers. At 100 bucks you cant go wrong....

Get these for your school age kids for their backpacks they work as dry erase boards and stop all shotgun and hand gun calibers. At 100 bucks you cant go wrong....

If you get a medium pack w/hydration compartment 33L or larger remove the clip on the board and these will slide into the hydration compartment. ;)

Last edited:
I'm a rookie prepper and was interested in some ideas, opinions, or suggestions on children's bags (1yr-8yrs old) I have four children and I'm starting to build them their bug out bags. Big issue for me mainly is what kind of bag would be good for children. All advice is welcomed, and thanks for reading.
My son would love to carry his .22 rifle, and my step-daughter is all about comm's
each time they get new shoes we swap out the last pair used for BOB's

The ballistics insert is a damn good idea.

That aside. (for the ages mentioned)

1) Any needed medications (but in child-proof caps)
2) Favorite snack items that keep
3) A couple of dehydrated meals they will eat (like mac & cheese, etc.)
4) Water bottle (metal)
5) Video Game, extra batteries
6) Coloring Books, crayons
7) MP3 Player, favorite songs
8) Survival Whistle (and know when to use).
9) Small First Aid Kit (soapbox size)
10) Emergency Blanket (mylar)
11) Emergency Poncho
12) Flashlight, batteries
13) Light Sticks (to tie on his/her backpack, so you can keep track of them)
14) Small, durable toys (think Hot Wheels cars, small figures, etc.)
15) Any comfort item (blanket, favorite stuffed toy, etc.)

Latest posts

Back