Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd world ones that always have malnutrition and starvation issues.
That is true bigpaul. But, I have watched Ethiopia for over 35 years now. They have gotten entire ships of food, wheat, clothing, medicine....I watched as they unloaded a ship of apples, wheat and barley, poured diesel over the food and burnt it ON THE DOCK IN THE HARBOR...took the trucks that were sent to deliver the food to town, painted them green, put soldiers into them, drove to the mountains where the people were planting their own food, had chickens, goats and cattle and more than enough food and water....LOADED THE PEOPLE at gunpoint into their NEW trucks, drove into the deep desert, dumped them out and then called the foreign TV reporters to
SHOW THEM HOW POOR THE PEOPLE WERE.
This gov't also has a standing Army of over 400,000 men. They have the money, food, water, ammo and weapons to support a larger army than GERMANY. You have to keep the soldiers paid or they will revolt and take over the nation themselves, as many times has happened in Africa. They are more corrupt than Ukraine and more despots than most African nations. They do not directly kill their population, but they do let them die on purpose to get more money from the sheeple and UN shithead liberals who are getting the kickbacks in money, women, free vacations and whatever else they agree on after-the-fact.

Friday I ventured down the mountain for monthly errands. At Rural King ( Farm & Feed store) I always check out the poultry chicks. That department was totally empty. The guy there said they now only get chicks one day a week on Thursday. Get there early on that morning because for the last month they sell out with an hour of opening. They get 2,000 birds every Thursday. Wow I guess everyone is trying to get their own backyard chickens.

On the flip side there tends to be no shortage of chicken meat. Savealot had 10 pound bags of legs and thighs for $0.49 cents a pound. United grocers had split chicken breast for $0.99 cents a pound. Boneless skinless chicken breast was also $1.29. Those are some of the cheapest chicken prices I have seen in years.

Chicken eggs $6.00 a dozen. Butter $6.00 a pound.

Also the seed display looked like a tornado had went through it. Gonna be a long spring !

The point being for me is not if I can find eggs , meat or anything else at a store . The point is I am preparing for a world without zero stores , forever . -- admittedly however until that happens , I will take the easy way and buy what I need rather than go into 100% survival posture . When or if the Nukes start raining down , from that moment preparing time is over and survival time begins .

Last edited:
Yep , they were the best ever. Real soft rubber though, didn't last very long in hot weather. But, I seen a dude talking about tire chains, try them in the mud. They are unbelievable. They don't throw little dingies the size of a golf ball , they rip out chunks of mud the size of a big dog.
Way back when, I had a set of CO-OPS on the back wheels of a Ford LTD...my LTJeep as I called it, LOL.
Never got stuck. I was following a field road one time that petered out and I didn't have enough traction to back up so I had to go forward and make a U turn out in the field. Once I got out into the field, I realized it would be easier to just make a beeline for the main road instead of trying make it back around to the field road. I left ruts that looked like they were made a tractor. I had it floored, and the tires were throwing such a stream of mud so fast, I think it gave me enough thrust to propel the car forward. LOL. There is no other explanation of how I made it across that field.

Here, there were about 100 people at the local RK trying to get refunded for dead birds, apparently. I guess they shipped them poorly and the birds all died the next day. Hundreds and hundreds of them.

Turkey poults are $10/each here. Ducklings $6! 😳 I can't believe that.

When we replaced some birds last year they were $2. We don't usually raise turkeys, but they were $4.

Seeds- we always have plenty but $7/pack at places like Bakers Creek is crazy to me. I get there's inflation, but this is just madness.

Here, there were about 100 people at the local RK trying to get refunded for dead birds, apparently. I guess they shipped them poorly and the birds all died the next day. Hundreds and hundreds of them.

Turkey poults are $10/each here. Ducklings $6! 😳 I can't believe that.

When we replaced some birds last year they were $2. We don't usually raise turkeys, but they were $4.

Seeds- we always have plenty but $7/pack at places like Bakers Creek is crazy to me. I get there's inflation, but this is just madness.
Look at local mom and pop type feed stores in your area to see if you can buy “bulk” seeds. I can get them by the oz or lb at a much cheaper price.

As preppers have been predicting " it is now happening " . Seeds , chickens , fuel , food are going all the same way that Venezuela experienced . If you want to see what the bottom we are heading into looks like , go to YouTube and bring up some non-political driven footage as to their now everyday life . Remember they " once " had the 3rd. most prosperous economy on planet earth . --- Actually that is the optimistic view as that is presuming we are not in World War 3 before we slide that for . .

As preppers have been predicting " it is now happening " . Seeds , chickens , fuel , food are going all the same way that Venezuela experienced . If you want to see what the bottom we are heading into looks like , go to YouTube and bring up some non-political driven footage as to their now everyday life . Remember they " once " had the 3rd. most prosperous economy on planet earth . --- Actually that is the optimistic view as that is presuming we are not in World War 3 before we slide that for . .
Venezuela's economy was one of the best until the oil price dropped, then political decisions by the govt led to sanctions by the West, it wasnt some natural disaster it was caused by politicians.

Venezuela's economy was one of the best until the oil price dropped, then political decisions by the govt led to sanctions by the West, it wasnt some natural disaster it was caused by politicians.
That is the economic version for many . I must have had a crystal ball or perhaps I can foresee the future as I predicted the collapse of Venezuela " before " it happened and that was when oil prices were booming . Actually I am not serious about foreseeing the future but did indeed actually forecast the fall . - How , when the new Venezuela government stole the oil producing equipment from the United States oil companies and told the personnel to leave Venezuela as the Venezuela Government didn't need them and was going to drill , harvest and refine the oil for themselves , I accurately predicted the outcome . Big United States oil companies lost millions of dollars when Venezuela stole from United States Oil companies what they had sunk money into and built . -- Venezuela collapsed while oil prices were high , in demand and fetching big money . --- To try to get back onto the chicken / egg topic -- In the predawn hours here my newly acquired rooster is sounding off . I had to look it up to see what kind of rooster my gift was . It appears to be a Rhode Island white .

Last edited:
I saw this so had to verify. . . He is not wrong.

1675811598324.png

https://tcbmag.com/blackrock-elects-beth-ford-to-board/"As president and CEO of Land O’Lakes, Beth Ford is already well known in Minnesota business circles."

https://en.wikipedia.org//wiki/Purina_Mills"Purina Mills, LLC is the farm animal feeds unit of Land O' Lakes. "

Latest posts

Back