Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My saddle did not work. May be design but worthless

The saddle has to be the right size and most importantly, the elastic the correct length under the wings. I adjust mine if they don’t stay on. Have put these on about 8 hens now. They hate them at first, but then by the following day, they are fine.

Got started on the new chicken run today. Basically all I have done so far is to put a few wood posts in and hang a gate.
20230606_103830.jpg

It's a beautiful day here, temp about 60 degs and partly sunny.
Dug a few more post holes for the new chicken run. Only have 3 more wooden posts to put in, hang another gate, brace the corners, drive in the T posts and put up the wire. Looks like I'll be about 300 feet short on the wire. I'm putting up 5' of 2"×4" woven wire and 2 strands of barb wire around the run.
Our new ducks and chick's will start showing up next week.
Looks like we have another storm blowing in from the west.

Out tending to pigeons and chickens this morning suddenly hear a loud deep boom . I stopped and listened . Was that an Nuclear Bomb ? I waited to see if there was that afterward rushing sound that follows a Nuclear blast but didn't pick up any afterward noise . The ground I noticed didn't seem to be shaking . Next thought , that it might be an EMP but I could verify that when I returned to the house and checked to see if the power grid was still up . After a few moments thought considered it could be thunder from a storm . Well my last guess was correct . We got a heavy rain . The rain was much appreciated .

Last edited:
I kill a lot of varmints just by walking around the chicken house at night with a scoped 22 and flashlight . I also have a chair and table set up at a distance and a motion light at one end of the chicken house . Light comes on and I've got rifle pointed in the right direction with a good rest to shoot from .
Best remedy is a few traps but My Wife has a few cats she feeds so I can't trap close to the house .

Arctic, cats are good. Keep mice, snakes etc away. They will curl around your feet when you walk and trip you, they make biscuit on your chest that feel good until they use their claws,
There's only 2 cats I ever liked, a friend of ours has a Siberian lynx, and another friend had a couple Bengal cats. They were never allowed to run loose.

Latest posts

Back