Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our new chicks got out of the enclosure the other day and the GSP pup killed her. Yesterday 3 chicks got out, but we got them back in before the dogs saw them. I found the hole in the fence and patched it.
Robin, get a couple dog proof traps for your coon problem. They're easier to use than box traps, and more effective.

One of our new chicks got out of the enclosure the other day and the GSP pup killed her. Yesterday 3 chicks got out, but we got them back in before the dogs saw them. I found the hole in the fence and patched it.
Robin, get a couple dog proof traps for your coon problem. They're easier to use than box traps, and more effective.
AD, since I have started putting down urine every night, I havent had a problem. Plus, they new neighbors have killed 2. They have chickens too.

AD, since I have started putting down urine every night, I havent had a problem. Plus, they new neighbors have killed 2. They have chickens too.
Sounds like your problem may be solved for now. At least until more coon, possum, weasels or fox move in to fill the void.
I dont understand why we don't have problems with coyotes getting our chickens. We never lock them up at night and we see coyotes around the yard all the time. Last night there was a couple coyotes yipping and howling just outside our bedroom window.

Sounds like your problem may be solved for now. At least until more coon, possum, weasels or fox move in to fill the void.
I dont understand why we don't have problems with coyotes getting our chickens. We never lock them up at night and we see coyotes around the yard all the time. Last night there was a couple coyotes yipping and howling just outside our bedroom window.

No Coyotes, may be because your own dog's have marked there territory and so have you..

No Coyotes, may be because your own dog's have marked there territory and so have you..
That could be. A few days ago we were all sitting out on the back deck. Looked over and saw a coyote sitting just over the fence about 40 from us watching us. The dogs ran after it looking like they wanted to play with it.

The Deer X netting works great as roof netting. A hawk dipped down and as soon as the talons touch the net, it took off.
Deer netting works great, except it plugs up with snow and can sag to the ground. I had a couple miles of electric fence wire out in the barn. I wired it back and forth both directions with about 6" between wires. So far we've never seen a hawk or an owl in the run.

I'm fed up with my hens...not getting enough eggs...1-2 per day now...have 18 hens and 4 of the newest are about 5 months old...(unless ive lost count of date I bought them when they were 8 wks. Old)...a few are molting but the rest just eating food and they are older! I gotta go get more hens this weekend! Larry bought eggs this week...Big pet peeve of mine is buying eggs from store! Ain't buying dang eggs from store...Nope! aaaargh!

I mark every night, but have caught a possum on camera and a fox since I started. I just killed the possum. Tried to give it away but no takers. My husband asked why I used the .22 rifle instead of 9mm. I said he would have looked like a donut with parts everywhere. There is lots of blood though.

Latest posts

Back