Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive given up on that. Videos I've watched show too many different ways. I've been checking wings where they say hens have basically 2 layers with longer and shorter, roo's have even single layer. There several I've watched that show this method:

I've tried a few too. I was wrong. The people who do this as a job, must know a secret.

The guy at TSC and I measured wings and something else but he said he was clueless too. I was wanting a roo so I bought 6 straight runs and got 2 that I had for years. They died last yr and a neighbor gave me her spare.

The 8 eggs we incubated last Sep. provided us with 7 birds....one died and FIVE!!!! from the 6 were roosters...
Two were already traded away at the market and another given away. The next one will be given away tomorrow. Hopefully She is wrong about the next-to-last one also being a rooster.

1713553549768.png

Had to laugh....the Rock barred "pullets" I bought for cheap (two bucks) at the Atwoods farm store....out of 6, 5 are now crowing. Pullets, right, ha.
Maybe the Scotts can dress up their chickens and call them "therapy pets"...they can identify as cats or something.

Had to laugh....the Rock barred "pullets" I bought for cheap (two bucks) at the Atwoods farm store....out of 6, 5 are now crowing. Pullets, right, ha.
They have figured out that if they do not just destroy the males in a huge batch (meant for mass laying farms) since they only want hens and eggs for the profits, it looks like they add the males to the SALES of whatever you order to make money instead of losing it and you bite the bullet with getting the roosters......

Latest posts

Back