Chevy Silverado Black Ops concept prepped for apocalypse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILD MAN

Reaction score
If only I was born rich instead of so darn good looking......

survival-chevy-660.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/27/chevy-silverado-black-ops-concept-prepped-for-apocalypse/

I like it! And they remembered the most critical part-the Twinkies!

well that one is cool but I think I like Devolro's better :p

Toyota Tundra Devolro
At the moment the only have the diablo model but more are coming such as: Warrior, Challenger and Expedition

l_60dc0edd.jpg

I have to stick with my beast...the one the kids have officially named, "The Minotaur" (after the movie Role Models)... (1997 Ford F350 Dual-Wheeled)

Truck1.jpg

Truck2.jpg

On the truck in the original post, they need to add a cattle guard to the front. I'm also curious about the generator (as the truck IS one, if you add an inverter).

My "doomsday" features include:
Cattle Guard, CB radio, Auxiliary Gas Tank (so 3 total), front fog lights, rear lights, truck bed lights, and both Gooseneck and Bumper Hitches, rear tailgate replaced with tail bars, Running Boards and Handles (so people can ride on outside), Power rear window (so you could fire out the back without blowing out the window), front and rear tow attachments, power inverter (so I can plug in normal plug items).

Gear wise, I carry in the truck:
My BOB/GHB, Jumper Cables, Road Flares, Complete Tool Kit, Battery Jumper, Tarp and Bungees, Ratchet Straps, Rubber Cargo Net, Spare Food (addition to GHB), Hydro Jack, 4 Way Lug Wrench, Spare Tire (full), Tire Iron, Spare Fuses, Collapsible Water Bottles, Spare Fluids, First Aid Kit, Maps, etc.

Some things I want to add though:
Add a marine style radio.
Add some top spotlights.
Check into security tires.
Change the VCR to a DVD player (I know, it's old school, so need to update it)
Keeping the CD changer and inverter, but changing out the stereo to a more modern one (MP3 and Satellite radio).
Locking storage unit would be nice.
Cammo netting
Winch
A nice rifle!

In case you're wondering, the big fin on the top is for when I hook up the horse trailer. I keep toying with the idea of removing it, but it makes the truck easy to spot in the parking lot. Come SHTF though, it's definitely coming off (too shiny).

i like the silverado and the tundra cerberus posted but i think the unimog would present some problems ! its top heavy for one ,it is large so it limits were you can go. and then gaz's dual truck is spacious and would hold up in some rough situations . i think 4x4 or awd is a must ! in a post apoc. world.

For all the money spent on that schoolbus cabin though, they could have likely bought a modern RV....designed for space-saving measures. That Earth Roamer is pretty badass...nice!

Latest posts

Back