Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It works for me. I seldom watch the "news shows". And never watch any of the doom and gloom talking heads that get posted here. They've been preaching the end of the world for a long time now. I find that I'm much happier without hearing their BS. It's mostly to pimp their books.
I unfollowed that guy long ago. Saw him preaching on another board I left because of their Canadian ownership.
You and I are a lot a like. We live remotely. We are both thinking of doing an easier life on the coast
I may challenge you on things, but it’s because I have a different background. Things are not always X, they may be Y. It’s something we both have to consider.
I do consider you a friend,

Interesting info for thought...stuff I learned in the Cold War Era and taught in Croatia and still use routinely.
What was not mentioned better is the need to jump a curb without damaging your tires too bad. The angle of attack must be more than 30 degrees to the direction of travel or your will bounch off of the curb and not go up it. The maximum angle of attack is 45 degrees to direction of travel or you will blow the tires up. Attempt to get one tire on the curb at less than 25 mph /40 kph and get the weight of the car started up into the air to get the other tires ready to climb the curb with a bit less weight.
Another thing which was wrong is the "J" turn, if you only rip the steering wheel one direction, you can turn the car around but it will stop the car or slow it down considerably, which is never good, you need the speed and cannot afford to lose a single MPH.... First make a 2-3 inch pull in one direction which you need to try several times to see which works best for you personally. This will make the entire car unstable and ready to totally spin on its "Y" Axis. Then immediately make the ripping of the steering wheel in the other direction.
As the car is already turning...do not wait!! go back into "DRIVE" with an Automatic or into 2nd gear in a standard and use nothing but FULL GAS! Remember SITUATION AWARENESS!! Practice makes perfect, Gary

Last edited:
Interesting info for thought...stuff I learned in the Cold War Era and taught in Croatia and still use routinely.
What was not mentioned better is the need to jump a curb without damaging your tires too bad. The angle of attack must be more than 30 degrees to the direction of travel or your will bounch off of the curb and not go up it. The maximum angle of attack is 45 degrees to direction of travel or you will blow the tires up. Attempt to get one tire on the curb at less than 25 mph /40 kph and get the weight of the car started up into the air to get the other tires ready to climb the curb with a bit less weight.
Another thing which was wrong is the "J" turn, if you only rip the steering wheel one direction, you can turn the car around but it will stop the car or slow it down considerably, which is never good, you need the speed and cannot afford to lose a single MPH.... First make a 2-3 inch pull in one direction which you need to try several times to see which works best for you personally. This will make the entire car unstable and ready to totally spin on its "Y" Axis. Then immediately make the ripping of the steering wheel in the other direction.
As the car is already turning...do not wait!! go back into "DRIVE" with an Automatic or into 2nd gear in a standard and use nothing but FULL GAS! Remember SITUATION AWARENESS!! Practice makes perfect, Gary

Uh...what's a "curb"? We don't have such things around here. What we do have a lot of is large rocks hiden by grass and brush. We also have deep holes and drop-offs. A couple years ago I was out on my 4 wheeler looking for one of my bulls. I drove off in to a mine shaft that was hidden by brush. Fortunately the shaft was caved in and I only fell about 6 feet. What a thrill that was.

And on a day when we arent expecting rain, it is raining. Not a lot, but maybe it will settle the dust.
It rained here, too, Robin! I'm so relieved. We were getting a little nervous because a lot of stuff stopped growing in the heat.

Thankfully, it is still overcast, too. The plants needed it. I'll be buying some shade cloth soon.

Uh...what's a "curb"? We don't have such things around here. What we do have a lot of is large rocks hiden by grass and brush. We also have deep holes and drop-offs. A couple years ago I was out on my 4 wheeler looking for one of my bulls. I drove off in to a mine shaft that was hidden by brush. Fortunately the shaft was caved in and I only fell about 6 feet. What a thrill that was.
Once I get into the city, I go down one street that has a curb to get to work.

50 years in NYS. Never saw sky’s like that. Seen them way too often in CA, but i have been much closer to the fire.
Never seen prevailing wind from the northeast except for a nor’easter storm For a couple days.
The reported acreage should not be putting out that smoke.
I am saying this from experience. I have had 500k ac fire surrounding me

Something to ponder, it has come to my attention that the WWIII may have really started, (mathematically)...
The first World War started on July 28, 1914
The second World War started on Sep. 1, 1939
The Ukrainian War started on Feb. 24, 2022

Lets re-write the numbers--- WWI--1914-07-28---( 19+14+7+28=68)
WWII--1939-09-01---(19+39+9+1=68)
UKW--2022-02-24---(20+22+2+24=68)

COMMENTS??

It rained here, too, Robin! I'm so relieved. We were getting a little nervous because a lot of stuff stopped growing in the heat.

Thankfully, it is still overcast, too. The plants needed it. I'll be buying some shade cloth soon.
Mine didn't add up to a good spit. Bummer

1686224694429.jpeg

Latest posts

Back