Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Arcticdude
My husband and I are slowly switching to working 100% remotely. We were talking about whether we'd ever move someplace even less populated. I started looking at land just out of curiosity and checked your state. Holy cow! I can't believe how much land costs there. Seems like some folks can handle the cold!
Hints for living and working remotely. Starlink is with their problems is twice as fast as business class satellite internet.
Look for pocket areas. 6 miles from freeway, 12 miles to town ain’t bad. It’s the last 3 miles that scare most people.

Hints for living and working remotely. Starlink is with their problems is twice as fast as business class satellite internet.
Look for pocket areas. 6 miles from freeway, 12 miles to town ain’t bad. It’s the last 3 miles that scare most people.
Thank you! I think we'll end up getting Starlink.
I doubt we will end up moving anywhere else. We have a pretty good group here and we just moved to this land. It's not perfect, but it's better than being in the middle of a transition right now.

We are a lot farther from a freeway than 6 miles and a little farther from any town than 12, but sometimes it still seems too close to people for my liking!

We went to a Irish & Italian parade today and got lots of Fruits, vegetables and other food items like chips, pasta, moon pies, cookies, candies. even 1 pineapple.

Oddcaliber even met up with us to help with a large catch of food.
Just the vegetables and some fruits shown, we also got about 14 bananas.

Attachments

• 20230319_232314.jpg
    20230319_232314.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230319_232354.jpg
    20230319_232354.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank you! I think we'll end up getting Starlink.
I doubt we will end up moving anywhere else. We have a pretty good group here and we just moved to this land. It's not perfect, but it's better than being in the middle of a transition right now.

We are a lot farther from a freeway than 6 miles and a little farther from any town than 12, but sometimes it still seems too close to people for my liking!
It’s the group up here that’s turned Me off. Everyone has 20a. Should be easy enough, right?
People demanding to know when you are going to shoot. I have checked with a friend up top, they can’t hear me shoot.
I have cleared a lot of trees to get people up here access. And they want me to go by their rules?
Criticize me when I say my equipment isn’t going to move a tree when it took a county Drott to do it.
There is now 3 1/2 families out of 12 I will help. I took the 80+ olds to the Dr last week. I like those people, they have been here 50 years. They know what it should be like

Been looking at another area, with 3 acres with natural water. to buy a homestead on. 80% of my infrastructure there. I might have nieghbors, and can’t shoot. May not have my hunting opportunity on, but it will be close by. The area will be easier for my wife, if I am not around.

We went to a Irish & Italian parade today and got lots of Fruits, vegetables and other food items like chips, pasta, moon pies, cookies, candies. even 1 pineapple.

Oddcaliber even met up with us to help with a large catch of food.
Just the vegetables and some fruits shown, we also got about 14 bananas.
Would love to meet you and OC sometime if I am ever in the area. My wife living through some hurricane during her residency in the area is a barrier for her and MardI Gra has always been on my bucket list.
She has no problem with a Winslow Az Corner Wish list

It’s the group up here that’s turned Me off. Everyone has 20a. Should be easy enough, right?
People demanding to know when you are going to shoot. I have checked with a friend up top, they can’t hear me shoot.
I have cleared a lot of trees to get people up here access. And they want me to go by their rules?
Criticize me when I say my equipment isn’t going to move a tree when it took a county Drott to do it.
There is now 3 1/2 families out of 12 I will help. I took the 80+ olds to the Dr last week. I like those people, they have been here 50 years. They know what it should be like

Been looking at another area, with 3 acres with natural water. to buy a homestead on. 80% of my infrastructure there. I might have nieghbors, and can’t shoot. May not have my hunting opportunity on, but it will be close by. The area will be easier for my wife, if I am not around.
Yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't like it if shooting were so rare that everyone knew it was me practicing. I feel badly for you guys. There's always a trade off with location, but yours seems bigger than most.

If I asked people to tell me when they were going to shoot I'd get laughed out of town!

Wow. That's a lot less than I realized.
I hope it's frozen and you can drive in safely!
We got home yesterday morning at 1.30am. The road was frozen and we made it in without too much problem. Broke through the ice in a few places. Right after we got in it started snowing, and snowed all day. It's still snowing.

Last edited:
Last night , I was brought some flint rocks from the state of Maine , to my Ozark retreat as my Clan know that I occasionally like to challenge myself with primitive fire starting " flint and steel " . I immediately got out my steel striker to test the flint . They all struck well and what was apparent was the extreme hardness of the rock . It is " rayolite flint " As I await dawn it is raining . Perhaps later I will use it to start a fire .--- While running a computer investigation on rayolite ran across where someone was trying to sell a native American grinding stone for $3,200 . It appeared to be nearly identical to the one we use as a soap dish in our outdoor shower . My wife picked up the grinding stone one day as we were out picking up Ozark flint rocks .

Latest posts

Back