Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being concerned over ones investments is a little different than being paranoid or worried. Many years ago when I just started out investing for retirement, I figured that SS may not be around when I retired. So I put enough away that I could make it without SS. I also planned for the potential loss of 50-75% of my total savings. So far whatever losses that I had over the years were far more offset by gains.
Plan for hard times and enjoy the good times.

Being concerned over ones investments is a little different than being paranoid or worried. Many years ago when I just started out investing for retirement, I figured that SS may not be around when I retired. So I put enough away that I could make it without SS. I also planned for the potential loss of 50-75% of my total savings. So far whatever losses that I had over the years were far more offset by gains.
Plan for hard times and enjoy the good times.
IT'S NOT JUST MONEY

1679046680727.jpeg

Guys I have between 600 and 700 cinder blocks to lay " by myself " . Already I have 150 plus layed for a house on my survival grounds . I am saying that as I am well up into my 70's and worker harder than most young bucks . Today I am not laying blocks as the weather is not suitable and I need to let skin grow back on my fingers as it has worn away picking up and setting blocks . I am saying this so as to alert you guys to something . Part of my old age strategy is , I take liquid Geritol daily . I stopped at a drug store this morning where they usually order me the stuff , as I might be their only customer to buy such old fashion supplements . They can not order it , at least until the early Month of May and they are not sure if the supplier will have it even then . They said they are having problems getting many things . -- Returning home I informed my wife of this and she started calling drug stores . She has now left to scour drug stores and probably buy every bottle she can find . " things from drug stores are drying up ".

Something some might find interesting - from a boots on the ground " Green Beret attached to the 173rd Airborne in Vietnam . When tracking a group of enemy you can sometimes surmise even before you catch up to your quarry as to whether there are females in the group . Females because of wider hip placement their tracks will be slightly outward whereas males will be straight forward . I used to have a bloodhound trained for such purposes , but he disappeared one day when I let him out one morning . Stolen or killed , I don't know .

Found this well done video and thought it would be useful for people to know. It is in the realm of survivalism rather than prepping.

Dakota fire pit:

One thing I would change is the shiny pot he uses. The fire will reflect off of it. The idea behind the Dakota pit is stealth...nothing shiny is just another layer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back