Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just had a large boom and now are in a blackout
We had a big boom the other night and everything shut off ...I thought transformer blew..
Electric co. Outage report said 5 customers without power...we were 4 of them on our properry..lol...I was cursing cause i didnt think it would be priority for power co...with that few out of power..but to my surprise....they had us back up in less than 2 hours..so i'm not sure that's what happened. ..they said it was their equipment fault whatever it was...

Is that what happened to you guys? Did a transformer blow?

We had a big boom the other night and everything shut off ...I thought transformer blew..
Electric co. Outage report said 5 customers without power...we were 4 of them on our properry..lol...I was cursing cause i didnt think it would be priority for power co...with that few out of power..but to my surprise....they had us back up in less than 2 hours..so i'm not sure that's what happened. ..they said it was their equipment fault whatever it was...

Is that what happened to you guys? Did a transformer blow?
I think it was

OMG! So glad you are okay! How are you feeling?
Feeling a ton better today, it hit me so hard it caused my heart to go into afib , when they got me to pre op my heart heart rate was in the 185 ranges but they think that was caused by a shot that they gave me at an urgent care in Clemson, when I first went in I thought it was diverticulosis again as I had it 15 years ago and was pretty much the same pain.
thanks for all the well wishes from everyone.

1664113013945.jpeg

Happy Fall! Enjoy your Sunday.

Feeling a ton better today, it hit me so hard it caused my heart to go into afib , when they got me to pre op my heart heart rate was in the 185 ranges but they think that was caused by a shot that they gave me at an urgent care in Clemson, when I first went in I thought it was diverticulosis again as I had it 15 years ago and was pretty much the same pain.
thanks for all the well wishes from everyone.

That's great that you made it through that. That's one of the things that concerns me after a major collapse. I'm there well prepped, living well and my appendix bursts. I'm thinking about having mine removed now, preemptively.

It's a beautiful crisp Fall morning here. The smoke is all gone now, at least until I fired up the smoker. Day time is still warm, upper 60's to 70 degs. Got about 2 cords of firewood left to stack. Need to clean the chimney and the wood stoves today before we can start burning. Killed a rattlesnake yesterday while moving firewood. I'm building a small tool shed, 4'×10' on the back of the woodshed. Also adding a 4'×8' covered deck to hold our garbage cans. It's going on the end of the woodshed. If I have time today I'll start framing the game bird brooder house. Its 6'×10'. I'm hoping to get everything done before winter.

Anyone here going to be in the path of Ian?
The current track puts the eye about 90 miles east of here. Close enough to get some rain and a stiff breeze, but hopefully not much else.

Spaghetti models have one path going west of here and one a direct hit. The rest are at a safe distance to the east.

Latest posts

Back