Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dated a weather girl - it was great dating a woman who was wrong most of the time 😂 ;)
A weather girl was a friend of mine. After catching a lot of grief for predicting snow several times (and it not snowing) she told me "THAT'S IT! I'm not predicting snow again until there is a foot on the ground!"

Here is a sobering line of thoughts which inspire me often when I take the time to read them over again....

Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the floor each morning...the devil says: OH SHIT, HE'S UP!!
Life is too short to live with regrets. Love those who treated you good and forgive the others...just because you can!
Believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it.
Take a few minutes to think before your act, when you are mad. Forgive quickly and forget it.
GOD NEVER SAID LIFE WOULD BE EASY, HE JUST PROMISED IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.

Remember to live free, Gary

I was in HD today, and everyone was calling me sir. Even had a customer guy offer to help me load some cinderblocks on my cart.
Maybe it’s time for the old grey beard to go. Or time to take to take advantage. Mmmmmmm.........
Take advantage, but will admit Hunny having a full beard for the first time ever for months, then he got a wild hair up his butt and did a Go-T. . . He shows up to my work place with a fresh haircut and this new Go-T. . . I told co-worker, I need to go home. Yeah, he got noticed in a heartbeat! ;) ;)

“Viktor Orbán: 'In Hungary, a Father Shall be a Man, a Mother a Woman, and Our Children Shall be Left Alone'

1652961387983.jpeg

This is a great leader!!

I was in HD today, and everyone was calling me sir. Even had a customer guy offer to help me load some cinderblocks on my cart.
Maybe it’s time for the old grey beard to go. Or time to take to take advantage. Mmmmmmm.........

I offer to help muscle stuff in the store or out in the parking lot all the time - most of the shoppers are younger than me or about the same age >>> anybody older don't seem to buy heavy crap anymore

I offer to help muscle stuff in the store or out in the parking lot all the time - most of the shoppers are younger than me or about the same age >>> anybody older don't seem to buy heavy crap anymore
sure we old farts can buy heavy crap,,, and the store will load it for us,,, but who is going to unload it when we get home,, ?????????????????????

At 8 a.m. cst the episode of Twilight Zone that is essential is coming on "The Obsolete Man" on SyFy channel.
Parting post
Another one appropriate to this forum.
"The Shelter" is episode 68 (Season 3 Episode 3)
of The Twilight Zone. It is one of the few Twilight Zone episodes to feature no supernatural or sci-fi elements.

Parting post
Another one appropriate to this forum.
"The Shelter" is episode 68 (Season 3 Episode 3)
of The Twilight Zone. It is one of the few Twilight Zone episodes to feature no supernatural or sci-fi elements.

Oh yes, it is great. First point I noticed is they have the shelter door hinges on the outside. Anyone could take out the pin and dock down the door.

sure we old farts can buy heavy crap,,, and the store will load it for us,,, but who is going to unload it when we get home,, ?????????????????????

I have been building a cabin at BOL 2.

So far, dug by hand 4' x 12" pillar holes, mixed and poured over 200 bags of concrete with rebar reinforcement. Moved multiple 6x6x12's, OSB 3/4" sub floor, 2x10x12, 2x12x12's, loaded, unloaded and then cut and installed the decking. In the next couple of weeks, walls are getting framed and raised....I will need help for the roof beams and sheathing I think, or maybe I build a ramp like the Egyptians?

Just because we are old, does not mean we are incapable!

Latest posts

Back