Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen a sign at the Ford dealership today, said No loaner cars because of chip shortage. Lots of people are complaining about shortages when it comes to auto repair. Were even having problems getting tires!
Tires aren't an problem to buy in Switzerland, we got a few manufacturers in Europe. Maybe it changes if the production for summer tires starts?
In Germany they produce less cars about chip shortage, Mercedes even said you can't have every luxury-tool anymore in your car or you buy yet and they will build in in a few months...
In France some cars almost were delivered again with the good old analog instruments about chip shortage....
Well, i'm happy my daily driver (from 1997) was build with sturdy electronics and my V8 dosn't have any electronics except the radio....

Question. I installed a misting system on my screened porch this summer and my plants love it. Now I’m wondering if I can put up clear vinyl around it and add a heater for the winter to keep my plants out there without having to move them inside my house. Would that work?

It depends what type of plants and how cold it gets. For winter only cool loving plants will make it, even with some heat.

Tires aren't an problem to buy in Switzerland, we got a few manufacturers in Europe. Maybe it changes if the production for summer tires starts?
In Germany they produce less cars about chip shortage, Mercedes even said you can't have every luxury-tool anymore in your car or you buy yet and they will build in in a few months...
In France some cars almost were delivered again with the good old analog instruments about chip shortage....
Well, i'm happy my daily driver (from 1997) was build with sturdy electronics and my V8 dosn't have any electronics except the radio....
I work for Goodyear. We have tire plants just about everywhere. Put on many tires made in Germany.

Oh wow Diva, you may get frost. I'm not ready.

Yeah Robin I brought in my houseplants yesterday in the rain :confused: My Christmas cactus already has blooms on it. It is really right on time though. First frost here on average is anywhere from Oct 15 to Oct 31. As the state goes we are the coldest usually and the first to get frost in the fall and the last to see spring. BUT we also do not have the heat that you all get in summer down below. Our temperatures tend to be more moderate but our annual rainfall amounts are also higher.

I am ready though. I have already got my cool weather crops in and picking mustard already. I have started cutting y ornamentals back like my peony and ornamental grasses and composting. Leaves are turning and my hickory tree leaves are a beautiful bright yellow.

Dear Lord in Heaven, I am so filled with sadness and remorse for you having to do such a hard thing alone. God bless you and your children to get over the loss of the only father they will ever have. No-one can be a replacement.
God bless and strengthen you all in this time of loss. Gary

I had to tell my babies that their daddy died yesterday and it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. If you pray, please pray for their little hearts.

Lexi, my heart is breaking for you. There are no words. Praying for you and your little ones. Private post to me if you need someone to talk to. God Bless you.

Frost on the window.
frost on the chair. If you go outside there is frost on your hair. Onions are still good. Some apples are good. Garlic is good for next year. Asparagus is sleeping peacefully. Strawberries are too. Good night garden.

Latest posts

Back