Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was holding off getting another load of hay because of rain. Seeing the forecast for the weekend, gonna get another couple weeks in tomorrow.
The minor rains have been bringing down a lot of loose rock on the road.
I am glad I have a plan. I might be working on level 7, but being able to go back to level 2 of emergency plan makes me feel better.
Get it while you can. That is how we do it around here. We dont have to worry about rocks on the road here, but because we get so much rain. We cut and bale as we can, some days from sun up to sun down. Hunny has been out there helping along with about 5 other guys out on tractors too, just so it can happen between rainfalls. Hay is an essential for livestock and a must prep for them.

Get it while you can. That is how we do it around here. We dont have to worry about rocks on the road here, but because we get so much rain. We cut and bale as we can, some days from sun up to sun down. Hunny has been out there helping along with about 5 other guys out on tractors too, just so it can happen between rainfalls. Hay is an essential for livestock and a must prep for them.
I try to have 2 weeks worth for them. I have a back 10A I can turn them out on in dire straits.
I have a 3 mile, 1500ft elevation rise road. I am about the only one that will bring the tractor down out of 3 known tractors for a downed tree.
The landslide threat was #2 on my list to prep for. If the road was blocked for more than a couple weeks, there are fire trails.

The owls are back again this year. I sure have been enjoying their "hooting" sitting on the back porch. They come back year after year setting up their nest in the pine tree right off our porch.
In Florida we had 4 young owls right outside a window. They grew up and eventually left but we watched them every day for weeks. They seemed as interested in us as we were in them.

The owls are back again this year. I sure have been enjoying their "hooting" sitting on the back porch. They come back year after year setting up their nest in the pine tree right off our porch.
I like hearing the owls hooting and the coyotes howling on a clear winter night. The snow sparkles like diamonds.

We too have owls around the house. Their hooting truly is enjoyable to sit and listen to.

Europe got its ### kicked by a helluva storm yesterday. Tornados, wind gusts over 175 km/h tearing down trees and tearing up houses and rooftops. Electrical wires and heavy cables down. Damage big time.
Here in Hungary we got some strong wind but no damages as of yet, just the tip of the storm made it this far inland.

1634939596113.jpeg

I've got a big pot of habanaro and ghost peppers simmering on the stove. My latest creation of hot sauces. Besides peppers, it has white wine, vodka, brown sugar, plus some other secret ingredients. Got all the windows in the house open because of the fumes. Next it gets ground up, strained and bottled. Got a few people that have offered to buy my hot sauces.

Edit: This stuff turned out hot! 🔥

Last edited:
@LexiRae Yes, wait 24 hours, you can remove the dressing and clean with soap and water. Replace the dressing and clean every 24 hours, replacing the dressing with clean bandages each time

Its in the upper 30's and raining. The weather station is predicting high winds, heavy rain, and snow at about our elevation tonight, tomorrow and Monday.
Got a fire going in the fur shed. Planning to start trapping next week. Just got a few things left to do around here before I can take off.

Latest posts

Back