Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I have owned many dogs in my lifetime and many very well trained I have never had to own a collar until now. This is a very unique situation and I will always have to use one regardless of training. These two pups were rescued from the local vet clinic hours old. The owner relinquished the pup after the mother passed away during birth. The 9 pups were delivered Csection and 7 were dead. The last two pups were alive but the little female had suffered oxygen deprivation. The vet was going to put the pups down but I talked him out of them :cool: Took them home and bottle raised the two pups. Male is Marlowe and the little female is Moxie. Moxie is pretty darn special and shall we say not exactly the sharpest crayon in the box ( oxygen deprivation = brain damage) but I love her. Down side these two dogs imprinted and were bottle raised by me. They have never been separated from each other and rarely away from my side. My husband can work them on the leash and they will obey commands wonderfully you just absolutely cannot turn your back on the little female. Not aggressive just kinda crazy 🤪🤪🤪

1-100_0526.jpg

Edit****** Vizsla and lab mix

Last edited:
My 6 yr old had to have an abscess drained at the hospital today. They told me how to change the dressing and what to watch for but do I clean it ever?!

Since this conversation has gone to the dogs, I am assuming your son got the abscess drained. They should have given you paperwork and numbers to call for help. Unless you would rather trust the internet.
if it is your dog, I could ask my wife, but they should have given you a number to call for a dog also.

Yeah I believed forums were for discussing different viewpoints as well. I quickly learned how many people are intolerant and incapable of any idea outside of their own reality. Especially when it’s religious or political….
Yeah, it's always this really bad thing with tolerance - it works only in two ways. if not always the "others" are intolerant....
Exchange of opinions does not necessarily mean having to adopt the opinion of the other person

Lol. I had already called “the number on the paper” and was waiting for a call back when I posted here yesterday. I asked a question of y’all bc I was under the impression that some of you have medical backgrounds and I was worried about my baby. I’m actually still waiting for someone to give me an answer so that number on the paper hasn’t been all that useful for me personally. But thank you for the comment.

I’m actually still waiting for someone to give me an answer so that number on the paper hasn’t been all that useful for me personally. But thank you for the comment.
Hi LexiRae, post OP of an abscess, you can clean the wound with a stream of warm water like from a faucet if you can get the body part into a sink, if not then under the shower also. You cannot do anything wrong with warm water stream, after the water therapy, get your normal antibiotic salves, probiotic salves and other wound disinfection salves and apply carefully and re-cover the wound.
Never squeeze the wound area especially before the OP and it happens to be in your facial or neck area...you can cause the bacteria in the abscess to go deeper into the body and even into the bloodstream, causing it to even get up to the brain and cause terrible damages.
The next time, do not wait so long for the doctor to handle the problem, use hot cloths, hot baths, hot showers and make the white blood capulets in the wound, which is trying to heal itself from a small injury mostly, do their job faster and get the problem healed. Warmth makes the white blood cells work faster and helps to heal the problem. Gary

Thank you, Gary! I was told to have him shower but I didn’t know if I was supposed to keep it covered or let the water touch it or what and I’m already sick with worry. We actually started off with the hot baths and compresses when it first popped up and when that didn’t work, saw the pediatrician. She put him on an oral antibiotic and when that didn’t seem to work either, I finally just took him to the hospital. They drained it and changed his antibiotic to clinda so hopefully things will start to get better. Thanks again.

Also do not be afraid of using any hydrogenperoxide to clean the wound if it is not open and deep. Good luck and God bless. Gary
Thank you! It is definitely open and although I suspect that a medical professional would not call it deep, I certainly don’t like looking at it. 😅

OK, leave it open sometimes so it can dry a bit and then cover it again to keep it clean. Too long just covered up, is like a stupid covid mask...it catches moisture and warmth and makes for the best place for bacteria to grow and multiply...clean, dry, cover, clean, dry, cover...

Robin I am going to tell you I thought I had seen pretty much everything gardening but Tennessee has managed to come up with something new. Working in the front yard yesterday cutting back peonies. Reach down to cut them off at ground level and suddenly my arm is on fire.
Man down no kidding. Rolling on the ground in pain down.

Call Mr DD who is in the shed out back and look at what got me.

IMG_20211020_155053527_2.jpg

These freaky little things are not half an inch long but all those little hairs are venomous. Saddle back moth caterpillar. Arm swole up the size of a grapefruit and hubby had to do the whole Epipen thing.

I have been laid low by a half inch worm. I am such a softie 😩

Who knew gardening was dangerous in Tennessee?

Down to half a tank of gas so I filled up today. As the price just kept going higher I looked at what the price per gallon was. . . $2.89. Yes, thank you Biden and I live by the coast where the oil rigs are right off shore. Then I see the price in CA!!! I guess I am pretty lucky to be living where I live. $7.59 a GALLON!!

Just saw your post Lexi. I was always taught to clean an open wound gently but not to soak it underwater, or no baths. I like sprays that can be applied to clean easily on kids. Dry dressings changed often. Mostly keep an eye on it for improvement and not letting it getting red, swollen or hot without further medical attention. Where was the wound?

So, I am doing a month of ignoring my dog for growling at my wife. He lost furniture and bed privileges too. She is the only one giving him food and praise or attention right now. I think it’s harder on me than the dog! I really miss my buddy but he got too full of himself and wanted to be number two in our pack. Hopefully he will imprint on her more and learn his place in the world. In a month I will reevaluate how he is doing. It’s going to be a long month for me…

I was holding off getting another load of hay because of rain. Seeing the forecast for the weekend, gonna get another couple weeks in tomorrow.
The minor rains have been bringing down a lot of loose rock on the road.
I am glad I have a plan. I might be working on level 7, but being able to go back to level 2 of emergency plan makes me feel better.

Latest posts

Back