Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a TV show has good writers, a good cast, good direction, then it should not matter what color of the skin is of the actors if they can play their character well. Even if they are playing a white character.
The fact they have to rehash another classic TV show, due to the lack of creativity in Hollywood shows.
I could be wrong and the show could be good.
But I cut the cord back in 2008 for a reason.

with ABC and Woke Hollyweird >> the show exists just to slam everything they see wrong - something like that won't be real entertainment and nothing at all like the original ....

DOWN UNDER BEING DISPERSED BY RUBBER BULLETS AND GAS

Everyone should look at what's happening in these other countries. People keep saying they will do something when the hill they are willing to die on is reached. Well we all better start standing with others on there hills or by the time these insane elite globalist get to your Hill, its probably to late! These evil th@%s! Are not going to Stop untill there imprisoned or dead.

A video of Peaceful Aussies being chased, shot at (not real bullets, but enough to do harm) and beaten by their own “Protectors” that they PAY for!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but rubber bullets are not for shooting people in the back when they are running away. That's just plain spite.

Went to work this morning to come home to hunny and another guy loading up some cows for auction. We had 7 going and they only had to load the last two. I went in to change before I went out to help. I had also brought home C batteries for the hot shot which I changed out before I went out. Apparently we need a new one because it is a hit or miss now. I did get to meet the guy who came out yesterday to see our set up, which was not a problem for him. He really liked my milk parlor and is going to try to replicate for his own place. He would also like me to come out and teach him and his wife how to make cheese, since he has 4 Jerseys. He did keep saying how good looking my Clairabelle was. Finally got the last two lassoed and hauled in using the skid steer. . . They were hard cases. So now 2 boys in the back and 2 girls in the front with 1 bull calf bottle fed in the middle. Boys have not been happy. . . Charlie jumped the fence as Hunny was going out to feed. . . bee line right to the front pasture to jump in. The other bull Ben was right behind him. . . . but Hunny was able to get him turned around.

Today has just NOT been good. Woke up to have my coffee and wrap up my baby girls birthday present. Wrapped in ribbon and a wired ribbon made to match. As daylight came, I noticed something black and white out front. I don't see so well anymore so was just hoping it was the white pole barn out there in the front pasture. I went out to get a better view. . . Nope that would be Hunny's "pet". Since Hunny loaded most all the girls we had yesterday, this was my fear. The boys would not be happy with all the girls gone. Hunny did run back Charlie into the BIG pasture and then took Big Momma do the boys had a girl with them. He came in asking if this was what I was wearing. . Sorry, but we don't have electric fences that work right now and at least one bull knows we still have a girl in the front pasture. Hunny's other bull, Ben has been hollering, probably wondering where his girl is and then I have Clair hollering wondering where Big Momma went. Bottle fed calf was moved into the front pasture with Clair but she is still not happy. . . Jake is though. I was NOT willing to leave to travel 2 1/2 hours away with this much disrupted. We do have a couple close neighbors with one that will call the sheriffs department in a heart beat, So I missed my grandbabies 3rd birthday party. I told Hunny to go but he said he would not go without me.
Hunny did decide to take a tree down in my front goat pasture. He doesn't bother to tell me about it. I just heard the skidsteer start up and watch to see what he is up too. I ended up taking some deer corn out to the middle pasture to keep my goats out of his way. While out there, I noticed that he started 3 bonfires. 1 in the big pasture, 1 in the middle goat pasture, and one in the burn pit. The one in the burn pit started catching one of the trees by it on fire. Thank God I was out there and there was a well hose by it so that I could spray it up with a finger partially held on the hose.

Today has just NOT been good. Woke up to have my coffee and wrap up my baby girls birthday present. Wrapped in ribbon and a wired ribbon made to match. As daylight came, I noticed something black and white out front. I don't see so well anymore so was just hoping it was the white pole barn out there in the front pasture. I went out to get a better view. . . Nope that would be Hunny's "pet". Since Hunny loaded most all the girls we had yesterday, this was my fear. The boys would not be happy with all the girls gone. Hunny did run back Charlie into the BIG pasture and then took Big Momma do the boys had a girl with them. He came in asking if this was what I was wearing. . Sorry, but we don't have electric fences that work right now and at least one bull knows we still have a girl in the front pasture. Hunny's other bull, Ben has been hollering, probably wondering where his girl is and then I have Clair hollering wondering where Big Momma went. Bottle fed calf was moved into the front pasture with Clair but she is still not happy. . . Jake is though. I was NOT willing to leave to travel 2 1/2 hours away with this much disrupted. We do have a couple close neighbors with one that will call the sheriffs department in a heart beat, So I missed my grandbabies 3rd birthday party. I told Hunny to go but he said he would not go without me.
Hunny did decide to take a tree down in my front goat pasture. He doesn't bother to tell me about it. I just heard the skidsteer start up and watch to see what he is up too. I ended up taking some deer corn out to the middle pasture to keep my goats out of his way. While out there, I noticed that he started 3 bonfires. 1 in the big pasture, 1 in the middle goat pasture, and one in the burn pit. The one in the burn pit started catching one of the trees by it on fire. Thank God I was out there and there was a well hose by it so that I could spray it up with a finger partially held on the hose.
Sorry I had to laugh at your cow adventures.
We butchered our last steers on Thursday. We are now cow free, or so I thought. Yesterday I was sitting on the back deck and looked up the hill through the trees and swore that I saw the steers that we just butchered. Turns out that a bunch of range cows came down off the mountain looking for water. Most springs around here have gone dry but we still have water in the pond and in several tanks.
I'll start riding the fence line tomorrow looking for the break. Theres still a lot of range cows here in the mountains but many have already started heading home down in the valley. Cows are a normal site around here walking down the road heading home.

I'm glad I am not the only one dealing with the cow issues!
Yep. Its something every day. I've got 10 people now that want me to raise a beef for them next year. Some want to trade and others just want to buy. I guess word has gotten around about the quality of beef we sell. Next spring I'll probably buy 20 head, 10 feeders for 2023 and 10 yearlings for 2022. Right now i don't think we'll raise cow/calves again. At least this winter we won't be feeding any cattle.

Yep. Its something every day. I've got 10 people now that want me to raise a beef for them next year. Some want to trade and others just want to buy. I guess word has gotten around about the quality of beef we sell. Next spring I'll probably buy 20 head, 10 feeders for 2023 and 10 yearlings for 2022. Right now i don't think we'll raise cow/calves again. At least this winter we won't be feeding any cattle.
You can not beat home raised beef! My mom is so proud of herself when she buys ribeyes for the grill. Honestly I never look forward to her grilled dinners. For one, the beef quality is just not there and then she loves Lowry's Beef Marinaid. That is what I grew up on when we did grill. I like our marinade much better. Use Tex-Joy to sprinkle on and then swig on some worsteshirer sauce, teriyaki and Tiger sauce. Oh so good!!

1632617894916.png
Spotted today at the Trump Rally in Perry, GA. Maybe I should have posted under reasons I love Trump. . . A sign from above!

Can say today was not much better for my day off. . . Hunny left for son2's house to go mow his lawn when son 2 called to say he was leaving son 1's house. The distance is about the same drive. Son 2 recently had surgery on his back due to nerve and disk problems and can not mow his own lawn right now, so Hunny left at around 10:30. WITH that said, last night Charlie decided to jump the fence out of the BIG pasture and made his way into the front pasture around 12 am ish, then Ben decided to jump and follow. Then Big Momma was like where did everyone go at about 1am, jumped the fence and made her way to the front pasture. Then Charlie decided at about 4 am he wanted to go back to the BIG pasture. . . I will be SO HAPPY WHEN WE GET THIS FIGURED OUT! So my morning was fixing fences, adding in more T-post. I went in to try to get some sewing done but Ben was hollering. Then I couldn't find one of my dogs. . . Spent hours out looking for with no luck. About 3 pm Charlie finally decided to answer Ben's calls (I knew it was coming) and after some time and coaxing I finally got him into the front pastures. Hunny did finally come home and we did find the missing dog. Hunny did some more fence work on the big pasture and the 2 bulls along with Big Momma got moved back down. . . I am done for the day now. Dinner is tamales, refried beans, and Mexican rice all defrosted. Glad to be going back to work in the morning. . . Hunny can deal with his cows tomorrow. He got to see my grands today and get their lovin while I stayed home to babysit his bulls.

Can say today was not much better for my day off. . . Hunny left for son2's house to go mow his lawn when son 2 called to say he was leaving son 1's house. The distance is about the same drive. Son 2 recently had surgery on his back due to nerve and disk problems and can not mow his own lawn right now, so Hunny left at around 10:30. WITH that said, last night Charlie decided to jump the fence out of the BIG pasture and made his way into the front pasture around 12 am ish, then Ben decided to jump and follow. Then Big Momma was like where did everyone go at about 1am, jumped the fence and made her way to the front pasture. Then Charlie decided at about 4 am he wanted to go back to the BIG pasture. . . I will be SO HAPPY WHEN WE GET THIS FIGURED OUT! So my morning was fixing fences, adding in more T-post. I went in to try to get some sewing done but Ben was hollering. Then I couldn't find one of my dogs. . . Spent hours out looking for with no luck. About 3 pm Charlie finally decided to answer Ben's calls (I knew it was coming) and after some time and coaxing I finally got him into the front pastures. Hunny did finally come home and we did find the missing dog. Hunny did some more fence work on the big pasture and the 2 bulls along with Big Momma got moved back down. . . I am done for the day now. Dinner is tamales, refried beans, and Mexican rice all defrosted. Glad to be going back to work in the morning. . . Hunny can deal with his cows tomorrow. He got to see my grands today and get their lovin while I stayed home to babysit his bulls.
Having bulls is always fun. We used to hear our bulls bellowing from miles away challenging a range bull. Bulls get bored too when they run out of cows to service and can get mean or ornery.
Earlier this spring a rancher down the road was attempting to load one of his bulls, he has over a hundred, and the bull knocked him off his horse and pinned him to the ground. He managed to scramble away and was trying to get under the trailer when the bull charged again. The only thing that saved his life was his grandson put his horse between the bull and his grandfather. The grandfather had some broken ribs and hip. That bull went straight to the slaughter house. Another neighbor was killed by a bull.
When I'm out working on the fence I always carry a 3 foot length of pipe with me, besides a gun. If a bull shows any sign of aggression I'll lay that pipe across his head. Sometimes hard enough to lay him out on the ground. Now my last bull Johnny was a real sweetheart and would let the grandkids climb on his back. Of course I was always within reach with that pipe too.

Latest posts

Back