Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another overt sign of the US military getting ready - US military assets practice for emergency dispersement ....

first time in US history - sections of the US interstate system will be closed down for practice military airstrips - always been on the books since post WW2 and the interstate system build >>> never previously practiced - even in the depth of the Cold War ....

A-10 Warthogs Are About To Operate From A U.S. Highway For The First Time

Got one of my new storage shelves built. I now have twice the room for my growing stockpile.

I've been finding discarded masks all over the place. My town is right by the gulf, and a river. Sad to know that symbols of oppression are also polluting our waterways.

Supposed to thunderstorm here later today, too much rain, makes the grass grow super quick, but gives me something to do :)

We got just over a quarter of a inch so far today. More rain expected tonight.

According to my weather station, we got just over 12 inches of rain for the month of JUL.

another overt sign of the US military getting ready - first time in US history - sections of the US interstate system will be closed down for practice military airstrips

There is another side to that coin. Read this article, from 1998 no less.

The Air Force says that, to save money, it has had to skimp on runway maintenance at a number of installations and that cuts on aircraft tires are increasing as a result.
https://www.airforcemag.com/article/1298readiness/
They are most likely just using the roads because the bases are worn out, and many have been decommissioned over the decades, turned into drag strips and the like. They are adopting the Swiss model perhaps. Why waste money on costly runways when you can use a highway to dual purpose.

There is another side to that coin. Read this article, from 1998 no less.

The Air Force says that, to save money, it has had to skimp on runway maintenance at a number of installations and that cuts on aircraft tires are increasing as a result.
https://www.airforcemag.com/article/1298readiness/
They are most likely just using the roads because the bases are worn out, and many have been decommissioned over the decades, turned into drag strips and the like. They are adopting the Swiss model perhaps. Why waste money on costly runways when you can use a highway to dual purpose.

read the article - it's part of an ongoing military program - the USAF in the Pacific are dispersing to 100s of small island strips >>> first time in over 75 years isn't because someone is bored and needs problems

Hope all you who want or need this rain gets it. I'm perfectly fine if it stays away for awhile. Feeding pigs and goats are not a problem and can go out in tennies. Muck boots for cows though. Still sinking above the ankles, but at least that is an improvement.

It rained last night and this morning and we got a total of 1/2" today. This is the most rain that I've ever seen for August. The temp dropped over 20 degs since yesterday and we have 86% humidity.
For July we had a total of .05" rain.
I say LOVE because I know you guys up there REALLY NEEDED IT!

The daughter brought the grand kids down last night around midnight.
They love riding on grandpas tractor and feeding the cows. Right now it doesn't take long to feed.
Got the front and 3 sides of the new storage shed finished today. Will start on the front doors tomorrow. Got the new generator set up at the well pump house. Next week I'll get a new 250 gallon propane tank and plumb it to the generator and pump house heater. Hopefully the electrician will make it out by the end of next week and wire the auto start.
Got word today that my 275 gallon gasoline tank has finally shipped. Gas around here is $3.85. Not looking forward filling it.

With employers mandating masks, I figured I would share this. If vaccines or drugs are not approved by the FDA (meaning they sign off on the safety making them partailly responsible), the only way they are given to the public is under the EUA (emergency use act) and under Title 21 USC section 360.... they are expiramental and consent is REQUIRED.

Latest posts

Back