Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got all the cattle moved up to the holding pen tonight. The ones that are leaving tomorrow are in the corral waiting to be loaded in the morning. Should be 2 more loads after this one.
Its supposed to be over 100 degs tomorrow down where the auction is. Already have the beer on ice and loaded up on the flatbed.

Got all the cattle moved up to the holding pen tonight. The ones that are leaving tomorrow are in the corral waiting to be loaded in the morning. Should be 2 more loads after this one.
Its supposed to be over 100 degs tomorrow down where the auction is. Already have the beer on ice and loaded up on the flatbed.
if you did that here by mid day tomorrow the ice would be gone and the beer warm:(

Debating on taking a trip somewhere. After more than a years worth of covid travel polices I’m eager to explore something new. What was the most interesting place you have been to, as I’m looking for ideas and inspiration.

In Montana, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Flathead Lake, Mission Mountains, Lewis and Clark Caverns, Phillipsburg (buy a bag of ore for almost nothing, sift through it and find saphires). Dirt roads where you can drive all day and not see another car (fill your gas tank first).

Debating on taking a trip somewhere. After more than a years worth of covid travel polices I’m eager to explore something new. What was the most interesting place you have been to, as I’m looking for ideas and inspiration.
I like the nothern California southern Oregon coast. Mendocino, Ft Bragg, Eureka, Crescent City in California. Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford, Coos Bay in Oregon. Good fishing all along the coast. Turn east at Astoria, go through Portland and go up the Columbia River, spend a few days along the Columbia River gorge. Turn north and cross the river, go through eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana etc. I tend to stay away from national parks and camp grounds, too crowded for me. Most of the west is public lands. You can camp anywhere you want. Just get local forest service maps.

If you have courage and want to get to know the 4th Reich, go to Berlin or Munich, but I advise you one thing, take out a good life insurance and a good health insurance, it can be that you make very bad experiences if you eat an apple or drink something on the street. Russia is currently very liberal against Germany in terms of police violence.
If you have visited the 4th Reich, you will know something of what Germany was like in 1935. :eek:

I like the nothern California southern Oregon coast. Mendocino, Ft Bragg, Eureka, Crescent City in California. Brookings, Gold Beach, Port Orford, Coos Bay in Oregon. Good fishing all along the coast. Turn east at Astoria, go through Portland and go up the Columbia River, spend a few days along the Columbia River gorge. Turn north and cross the river, go through eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana etc. I tend to stay away from national parks and camp grounds, too crowded for me. Most of the west is public lands. You can camp anywhere you want. Just get local forest service maps.
I worked in Monterey bay for a couple months a long time age. Visited San Francisco but didn’t make it much further north than that. Saw most of central California while there. Fantastic scenery. I can see why the state is so overpopulated. I’ve always been intrigued by the whole N West of the US and Canada. With working for a living it was always an impossibility to take the time to sightsee all the places I wanted. I’m vaccinated but with covid getting so much news coverage lately I am still hesitant to travel abroad just yet. Would hate to get overseas and test positive. I’m not concerned about getting ill anymore but being banned from traveling home is a valid concern today. The Grand Canyon, lake mead, and Vegas have always been on my bucket list so that’s got to be on the ticket. Both Yellowstone and Yosemite would be great too. And fishing for some mountain trout somewhere out west. Even though the national parks are mad houses right now if I make the trek across the country I have to scratch at least a couple off the list. I will start researching the best times to avoid some of the crowds at least.

I worked in Monterey bay for a couple months a long time age. Visited San Francisco but didn’t make it much further north than that. Saw most of central California while there. Fantastic scenery. I can see why the state is so overpopulated. I’ve always been intrigued by the whole N West of the US and Canada. With working for a living it was always an impossibility to take the time to sightsee all the places I wanted. I’m vaccinated but with covid getting so much news coverage lately I am still hesitant to travel abroad just yet. Would hate to get overseas and test positive. I’m not concerned about getting ill anymore but being banned from traveling home is a valid concern today. The Grand Canyon, lake mead, and Vegas have always been on my bucket list so that’s got to be on the ticket. Both Yellowstone and Yosemite would be great too. And fishing for some mountain trout somewhere out west. Even though the national parks are mad houses right now if I make the trek across the country I have to scratch at least a couple off the list. I will start researching the best times to avoid some of the crowds at least.
Still a lot of open space. I found some. I hope for Global Warming because I will have oceanfront property.
The shithole cities (LA, SF, SJ, OAK) have spilled their filth to the Central Valley. Homeless Encampments in Manteca? That town use to be the brunt of stinky cow jokes.
Some really beautiful country up north. If I didn’t have all the critters, I would be hooking a trailer up to the truck and going to use up the wife's Vaca.
If I were you, I would look I’d look at one of those camper vans and do it.

Just got back from dropping the cows off at the auction. Got a call from someone that wants to buy a couple feeder calves.
It was 103 coming home and 93 here at the house. Not a cloud anywhere and they've posted flash flood warnings for this area. It would be nice to see some rain. It'll be too little too late to do the grass any good.

If you want to see some beautiful country that very few people ever see, let me know and I can send you directions. But you better have a real 4 wheel, a strong stomach and no fear of heights. This "road" will take you right by my place. FYI, no EV'S.

I woke up to rain today too Dirt Diva! Worked on the terrace yesterday at 105°F from 8 am till 4 pm and went swimming 3 times and took 2 showers by the end of the day....had the neighbors over for a grill party with Hungarian beer and wine, home made sausage, home grown potatos, onions and carrots, all fresh from the garden.
My "sausage pumpkin" has grown to over 40 inches long and is hanging from the acacia tree about 7 feet up. I'll get a pic soon for you all. Gary

Still a lot of open space. I found some. I hope for Global Warming because I will have oceanfront property.
The shithole cities (LA, SF, SJ, OAK) have spilled their filth to the Central Valley. Homeless Encampments in Manteca? That town use to be the brunt of stinky cow jokes.
Some really beautiful country up north. If I didn’t have all the critters, I would be hooking a trailer up to the truck and going to use up the wife's Vaca.
If I were you, I would look I’d look at one of those camper vans and do it.
I will likely fly between a couple places due to the huge distances. Driving sounds romantic and all for the scenery but when you are the driver you miss a lot just trying to pay attention to the road. I do like the camper van idea to have more comforts and the ability to stop anywhere though. I may try to rent a van for the second part of the trip to get around in. So, Grand Canyon and lake mead can be toured from a helicopter where they pick you up from your hotel in Vegas. It would be nice to ride mules into the canyon and raft but I just don’t think my wife could do that anymore. So that gets Vegas, the canyon and the reservoir scratched off the list with a flight to Vegas. Now I need to find where to fly centrally to hit some of the other bucket list locations that can be combined.
the redwoods are mostly closed due to the fires right now unfortunately. Have always wanted to see Seattle too.

Latest posts

Back