Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends where one moved too, I spent 40 years and 2 wives living in a city, I remarried a country girl and now live on the edge of a small rural market town, sure I've got neighbours but I've got them all under control :D
I'd like to move to a more isolated area instead of just remote but funds do not allow it, this is as far as I go for now, been here 12 years.

I’m pretty sure the starting pay at Amazon is higher than most other industries. Not by much I’m sure but not at the bottom of the pile. I’ve never seen anything credible about Bezos being communist in any way though?

Last time I'm doing this for you.

Jeff Bezos thanked Amazon workers for paying for his space flight. For some, the feeling isn't mutual.
Amazon Workers React to Jeff Bezos Thanking Them After Space Flight (businessinsider.com)

"I guess he's thanking us for putting the money in his pocket to do so by our hard work, sacrificing our bonuses and stock options to make it possible," the Amazon employee in Indiana said. (Amazon's hourly warehouse employees aren't eligible for stock options or bonuses).

"I feel like he just said that because he had a guilty conscience, he knows he's wrong for making money off treating workers like slaves," the Staten Island employee said, referencing the grueling and potentially dangerous conditions some Amazon workers encounter.

Amazon has aggressively fought any efforts by its workers to unionize, despite evidence showing unions typically increase wages and can help address racial and gender pay gaps.

As other critics of Bezos' space flight — like Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — pointed out, American taxpayers have also subsidized Amazon and Blue Origin.

Amazon's reliance on a massive network of contract delivery drivers allows it to avoid paying for their healthcare, workers' compensation, and unemployment insurance, and 4,000 of its workers in just nine states rely on food stamps, passing those costs off to taxpayers and other employers whose payments into the social safety net help Amazon workers that have fallen through the cracks.

After Deaths, Amazon Lands on List of Most Dangerous Employers
"It seems Amazon values money way more than life. If they did their job right, I wouldn’t have had to bury my little brother.”
After Deaths, Amazon Lands on List of Most Dangerous Employers (futurism.com)

Amazon downplayed rising injury rates at its warehouses, investigation finds
Amazon reportedly downplayed rising injury rates at its warehouses (cnbc.com)

THE DARK TRUTH ABOUT AMAZON FOUNDER JEFF BEZOS

The Dark Truth About Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos (grunge.com)

Stunning Report Details How Mighty Amazon Pays No Income Tax
Stunning Report Details How Mighty Amazon Pays No Income Tax (offthegridnews.com)

Dems blast Jeff Bezos' space trip, demand he pay more taxes (nypost.com)

Bezos is ‘laughing at every person who paid taxes’: Progressive politicians blast Amazon owner’s spaceflight (msn.com)

10 Ways Amazon Violates Human Rights

10 Ways Amazon Violates Human Rights | Green America

AMAZON GETS TAX BREAKS WHILE ITS EMPLOYEES RELY ON FOOD STAMPS, NEW DATA SHOWS
Amazon Is a Top Employer of SNAP Recipients in Five States (theintercept.com)

Report: Amazon, Walmart workers on list of top food stamp users

Report: Amazon, Walmart workers on list of top food stamp users – KIRO 7 News Seattle

Amazon Is Worth $1 Trillion. Its Workers Are on Food Stamps. (thedailybeast.com)

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Explains His Company’s BLM Support In Response To Customer Complaint
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Explains His Company’s BLM Support In Response To Customer Complaint – Deadline

Amazon CEO 'Happy to Lose' Racist Customers Over Support for Black Lives Matter | PCMag

Empty statements like Amazon’s show black lives only matter to big business when there’s profit to be made
Empty statements like Amazon’s show black lives only matter to big business when there’s profit to be made | The Independent | The Independent

Bezos The Woke Billionaire
Jeff Bezos' Support For Black Lives Matter Is An Act (freedomwire.com)

"If you’re mad at Jeff Bezos for his success, you shouldn’t be. He’s a shining example of capitalism here in the United States and he should be celebrated for his determination.

Of course, it’s a little hard to root for a man that has so much money and yet actively tries to destroy the system that helped him become so rich in the first place.

But that’s exactly what he does when he pushes the Leftist agenda, especially via his overly-biased newspaper The Washington Post.

It seems like, now that he has his money, he’s ready to deny anyone else the opportunity to make a similar fortune. It’s oddly reminiscent of the oligarchs of communist Russia…and maybe that’s the goal for guys like Bezos and Bill Gates. Who knows?"

The Age of the Billionaire Communist
The Age of the Billionaire Communist (drhurd.com)

Bezos’ Propaganda Rag/Newspaper Praises Communist China
Bezos’ Propaganda Rag/Newspaper Praises Communist China by Chris Talgo (townhall.com)

Bezos' comments on workers after spaceflight draws rebuke
Bezos' comments on workers after spaceflight draws rebuke (msn.com)

Jeff Bezos thanked Amazon workers for paying for his space flight. For some, the feeling isn't mutual.
Amazon Workers React to Jeff Bezos Thanking Them After Space Flight (businessinsider.com)

"I guess he's thanking us for putting the money in his pocket to do so by our hard work, sacrificing our bonuses and stock options to make it possible," the Amazon employee in Indiana said. (Amazon's hourly warehouse employees aren't eligible for stock options or bonuses).

"I feel like he just said that because he had a guilty conscience, he knows he's wrong for making money off treating workers like slaves," the Staten Island employee said, referencing the grueling and potentially dangerous conditions some Amazon workers encounter.

Amazon has aggressively fought any efforts by its workers to unionize, despite evidence showing unions typically increase wages and can help address racial and gender pay gaps.

As other critics of Bezos' space flight — like Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — pointed out, American taxpayers have also subsidized Amazon and Blue Origin.

Amazon's reliance on a massive network of contract delivery drivers allows it to avoid paying for their healthcare, workers' compensation, and unemployment insurance, and 4,000 of its workers in just nine states rely on food stamps, passing those costs off to taxpayers and other employers whose payments into the social safety net help Amazon workers that have fallen through the cracks.

"It seems Amazon values money way more than life. If they did their job right, I wouldn’t have had to bury my little brother.”

Stunning Report Details How Mighty Amazon Pays No Income Tax (offthegridnews.com)

Bezos is ‘laughing at every person who paid taxes’: Progressive politicians blast Amazon owner’s spaceflight (msn.com)

Report: Amazon, Walmart workers on list of top food stamp users – KIRO 7 News Seattle

Amazon Is Worth $1 Trillion. Its Workers Are on Food Stamps. (thedailybeast.com)

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Explains His Company’s BLM Support In Response To Customer Complaint
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Explains His Company’s BLM Support In Response To Customer Complaint – Deadline

Amazon CEO 'Happy to Lose' Racist Customers Over Support for Black Lives Matter | PCMag

Empty statements like Amazon’s show black lives only matter to big business when there’s profit to be made
Empty statements like Amazon’s show black lives only matter to big business when there’s profit to be made | The Independent | The Independent

"If you’re mad at Jeff Bezos for his success, you shouldn’t be. He’s a shining example of capitalism here in the United States and he should be celebrated for his determination.

Of course, it’s a little hard to root for a man that has so much money and yet actively tries to destroy the system that helped him become so rich in the first place.

But that’s exactly what he does when he pushes the Leftist agenda, especially via his overly-biased newspaper The Washington Post.

It seems like, now that he has his money, he’s ready to deny anyone else the opportunity to make a similar fortune. It’s oddly reminiscent of the oligarchs of communist Russia…and maybe that’s the goal for guys like Bezos and Bill Gates. Who knows?"

Bezos’ Propaganda Rag/Newspaper Praises Communist China by Chris Talgo (townhall.com)

So what? Nobody is being forced to work there. And nobody is forced to use his services. Theres something like 9.2 million unfilled jobs in the US. I'm sure these whiners could find someplace else to work. Or they could take the risk, like Bezos did, and start their own business making the next greatest thing that everyone wants.

So what? Nobody is being forced to work there. And nobody is forced to use his services. Theres something like 9.2 million unfilled jobs in the US. I'm sure these whiners could find someplace else to work. Or they could take the risk, like Bezos did, and start their own business making the next greatest thing that everyone wants.

For sure, there is no shortage of business owners abusing their employees, or supporting BLM, or not paying taxes so I can pay more. I just won't be singing their praises.

For sure, there is no shortage of business owners abusing their employees, or supporting BLM, or not paying taxes so I can pay more. I just won't be singing their praises.
I doubt very much that Bezos isn't paying taxes. I'm sure that he takes every legal tax credit and exemption available, just like we all do. Abusing his employees? I doubt that too. Again, they can leave any time. I like the old saying "don't let the door hit you on the asss on the way out".
I may not agree with how he donates his money, but its his money to spend as he sees fit.

Amazon HQ2: $3 billion in state, city tax breaks draws company to New York
Amazon HQ2: $3B in state, city tax breaks draws company to New York (democratandchronicle.com)

A $2 Billion Question: Did New York and Virginia Overpay for Amazon?
A $2 Billion Question: Did New York and Virginia Overpay for Amazon? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Richest Americans—Including Bezos, Musk And Buffett—Paid Federal Income Taxes Equaling Just 3.4% Of $401 Billion In New Wealth, Bombshell Report Shows
Richest Americans—Including Bezos, Musk And Buffett—Paid Federal Income Taxes Equaling Just 3.4% Of $401 Billion In New Wealth, Bombshell Report Shows (forbes.com)

If you didn't want to work there why did you apply? If you feel exploited go somewhere else. Lots of places are hiring now. I am sick and tired of people whining about their choices. The white man is the devil. I am just a poor exploited poc. How come all pocs aren't poor or in prison? Some make choices that are wise. Some don't. Same as white people. Don't just whine and moan about life. Do something to improve it

Amazon HQ2: $3 billion in state, city tax breaks draws company to New York
Amazon HQ2: $3B in state, city tax breaks draws company to New York (democratandchronicle.com)

A $2 Billion Question: Did New York and Virginia Overpay for Amazon?
A $2 Billion Question: Did New York and Virginia Overpay for Amazon? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Richest Americans—Including Bezos, Musk And Buffett—Paid Federal Income Taxes Equaling Just 3.4% Of $401 Billion In New Wealth, Bombshell Report Shows
Richest Americans—Including Bezos, Musk And Buffett—Paid Federal Income Taxes Equaling Just 3.4% Of $401 Billion In New Wealth, Bombshell Report Shows (forbes.com)

He has a good tax accountant. So do I. Who wants to pay more tax than they have too?

Oh but it is. Haven't you seen all the movies where people have to flee earth because of global warming and start colonies in space?

Which always amused me. Exactly how bad can global warming be compared to living on the moon where there is no atmosphere to buffer the sunlight or hold heat at night, so you have over 200°F temps during the day and below -200°F during the night, nothing to filter out cosmic rays, UV, etc.

Mars, Venus, and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter are equally inhospitable. Think about living in orbit. The Space Station has to be resupplied regularly.

Even if the atmosphere of earth becomes unbreathable and the water undrinkable, you can filter out the toxins and grow plants in an unpressurized greenhouse.
Space ain’t for sissies, that’s for sure

I think they should be greatful for a job with decent benefits. They could always go to Burger King if they are really unhappy

Overhearing the gf's tv show, sorry... Anyone else getting tired of tv shows spreading fear over 3d printed plastic guns as if they can go through a metal detector undetected? If im not mistaken, you still need steel springs, a hardened firing pin, brass cased ammo and lead projectiles. Has anyone tried sneaking just a bullet through tsa? Bet not...

The only thing I don’t like about Bezos is he cheated on his wife. I just don’t respect that in any case. She may have been terrible, I doubt it but who knows. But then you get a divorce and then go see someone else. If someone can be secretly intimate with another then it shows a lack of respect and integrity. I will say though, he definitely paid for that indiscretion. to the tune of 36 billion dollars.

Latest posts

Back