Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back home from working on the friends house and furniture. Ended up fixing a 95 year old door that had not closed for the last 12 years too.
Scored some old tools also as a thanks, 3 hand drills, 3 hand planes and a solid brass water spigot. Little brass bell will be used as a doorbell for outside when we can't hear the inside bell...pic of the tools is here...Gary

old tools.JPG

I cut some fallen trees while my son mowed. Thankfully, no snakes were spotted. It was rather old so it will make good starter wood. (This is prepping)

Granddaughter and I started work on our turkey run today. Got the chain link fencing up, and half of the top done. Did a little on the ground utility wire. Hopefully will finish this week. It's about 25 feet by 30 feet with a three sided "turkey house" in the middle of it. A very large mulberry tree hangs over it, so a fair amount of pruning had to be done. The turkeys are way too big for their temporary housing.

here in minnesota we call them post pounders, but I suppose the word "pounder", for some, apparently, is a bit explicit. lol. When I was young, those things that cut weeds with a string were called weed wackers, now everyone calls them weed eaters. It seems if you use the word "pounder" or "wacker" to describe something, some insecure liberal will get offended :) Me, I'll pound and wack all day long and not worry about what others think!!!

That reminds me, a truck we drove in Germany was called a "DAF". If I remember correctly, that means "stupid" or "dumb" in Great Britain...
Like "Daffy Duck"??
And "wacko" or "wacker" is also not so friendly there...like a "wanker"

Today we got up to do our normal of feeding, but then asked hunny when was the last time you walked the fenced between us and neighbor? I really meant to ask him last night since he is a fly by the pants type of guy. The last time you and I did which was at least a week ago. Told him it would need walked again before I felt comfortable going on an almost two hour ride to see our new grand baby. Sorry but I was wanting to take NO chances today. He added in another T post. After getting home everything was fine.

We may not have been able to leave when I was hoping for, we did get to have a small visit before grandbaby had his checkup appointment. Hunny took me out to eat for my birthday at Fish Tales along the strand. for lunch during his appointment . . Still full and didn't even think about dinner, If hubby gets hungry there is leftovers.

Me, too. Was outside in very hot weather too long today. But the turkey run is done. The Turkey Hilton.
Is it just me, or does anyone else go on youtube once a week, search for Biden's Speeches, and give a thumbs down on every one?

Today we got up to do our normal of feeding, but then asked hunny when was the last time you walked the fenced between us and neighbor? I really meant to ask him last night since he is a fly by the pants type of guy. The last time you and I did which was at least a week ago. Told him it would need walked again before I felt comfortable going on an almost two hour ride to see our new grand baby. Sorry but I was wanting to take NO chances today. He added in another T post. After getting home everything was fine.

We may not have been able to leave when I was hoping for, we did get to have a small visit before grandbaby had his checkup appointment. Hunny took me out to eat for my birthday at Fish Tales along the strand. for lunch during his appointment . . Still full and didn't even think about dinner, If hubby gets hungry there is leftovers.
Fencing can be a full time job. I’ve got a mile or so that I haven’t even looked at in 2 years. Its mostly steep and heavily wooded ground. I'd love to hire someone for about 6 months to help with my fencing.

Latest posts

Back