Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might help. Most of the time when a small engine won't start it is because of a clogged orifice. Drain the fuel, take the bowl off, remove the dip tube screw, and use a cutting torch cleaner or a very small round file to clear the obstruction. Be careful not to use to big of a file or it will flood. You probably knew that. I hope this helps someone.
I've drained the fuel twice and pulled the bowl off. No fuel is getting to the carburetor. Tomorrow I'll check the fuel line and look for obstructions. Thanks.
Right now I'm grilling some ribeye steaks over an apple wood fire.

Hmmm a Cyber attack on US fuel supplies causing shortages, price hikes and panic buying, Israel being pushed towards a war with the Arab world again, and warnings from Frances military and police that the country is moving toards civil war. to darn convenient for my liking.

Hmmm a Cyber attack on US fuel supplies causing shortages, price hikes and panic buying, Israel being pushed towards a war with the Arab world again, and warnings from Frances military and police that the country is moving toards civil war. Too darn convenient for my liking.

I've drained the fuel twice and pulled the bowl off. No fuel is getting to the carburetor. Tomorrow I'll check the fuel line and look for obstructions. Thanks.
Right now I'm grilling some ribeye steaks over an apple wood fire.

check for a screen coming out of the tank - they sneak those in

you sure the bowl needle valve is OK - depending on how they placed in the carb >> they can get gas "varnished" tight - the designs where they are attached directly to the bowl float cause plenty of trouble ....

Last edited:
Did the same thing with a shovel, was digging up a larger rock and the shovel handle broke, swung up and popped me between the eyes and I fell over sideways in front of the wife bleeding and she almost lost it. I had to calm her down with laughing between the pain spells throbbing in my head. No stiches but a bandaid for several days and laughs for the whole family with the pics she made...GP

Me too GG. I was wake at 1:30 after going to bed at 9:30 ish last night. Went ahead and got up at 2 and at work by 3. I did lay down for an hour but no sleep so went out side to weed the garden until evening feeding time. I am way behind on my garden than normal at this time years past.

After the wifes doctors appointment we stopped and picked up some lumber for the new wood shed and fur shed expansion. Ouch! Lumber prices are crazy.
Also drove by our local saw mill on the way home. They've had a permanent help wanted sign out for well over a year. Now they posted the starting wage of $18.50 per hour. Its like this all across the country. Why is anyone out of work?

Latest posts

Back