Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still only putting fuel in my car on average once every 3 weeks, although the lock down is starting to be lifted here there are still very few places I can go to so I mostly stay local.
Here in the states we whine about gas prices but compared to most of the world we have it easy. My brother in law was bad mouthing my FJ cruiser due to its terrible fuel economy. I responded with the fact that I don’t have to worry about the cost of gas. That was a childish response even if true but he’s an arrogant twit.... most of my life 20mpg would have been a lot to me but thankfully I’m at a point I can drive what I really like now and not what makes the most economic sense. I will say though I am likely to buy a Tesla before too long. I really like the idea of charging it off my solar panels and not buying fuel at all. Not to mention that the budget Tesla can beat a Ferrari all day long! Not that I have any desire to go that fast but it would be cool just knowing I could.....

Here in the states we whine about gas prices but compared to most of the world we have it easy. My brother in law was bad mouthing my FJ cruiser due to its terrible fuel economy. I responded with the fact that I don’t have to worry about the cost of gas. That was a childish response even if true but he’s an arrogant twit.... most of my life 20mpg would have been a lot to me but thankfully I’m at a point I can drive what I really like now and not what makes the most economic sense. I will say though I am likely to buy a Tesla before too long. I really like the idea of charging it off my solar panels and not buying fuel at all. Not to mention that the budget Tesla can beat a Ferrari all day long! Not that I have any desire to go that fast but it would be cool just knowing I could.....
And we as all Americans could have still been having it much easier if the pipeline was still a go and fracking on Federal land was still allowed. One of my renters is having a very hard time now that Biden is in office. His fabrication business is done and he had to sell basically everything he owned. He is moving out at the end of the month, which breaks my heart since I call him brother. His plan is to buy a couple horses and just wonder around in the New Mexico mountains. I am worried about him at close to 70 . . . a Vietnam vet, had a broken back due to a bull years ago and dealing with major pains, going slowly blind and has dizzy spells. And since he does not want to move to CA and be a burden to his son, THIS is his plan. Not everyone has it as easy as others. . . I am afraid his plan is to enjoy what time he has left to go and then just end it out in the wilderness.

Last edited:
New Mexico mountains are not what they are romantically perceived to be. I lived there. Glad I don't anymore.
I know the argument is that us Americans have it easy because we pay less for gas. Well, we were paying lots more than we were a year ago. We were oil independent. I remember choking when I saw gas at a little over a $1 a gallon in April 2020. It was shocking. We were not "allowed" to drive anywhere because of covid and were "ordered" to stay at home. Gas now is $2.89 a gallon after covid, after Biden. No pipeline. So, yes, it's ok to gripe.

New Mexico mountains are not what they are romantically perceived to be. I lived there. Glad I don't anymore.
I know the argument is that us Americans have it easy because we pay less for gas. Well, we were paying lots more than we were a year ago. We were oil independent. I remember choking when I saw gas at a little over a $1 a gallon in April 2020. It was shocking. We were not "allowed" to drive anywhere because of covid and were "ordered" to stay at home. Gas now is $2.89 a gallon after covid, after Biden. No pipeline. So, yes, it's ok to gripe.
I am heart broken over his decision, but he is one HARD headed man. . . .

I am heart broken over his decision, but he is one HARD headed man. . . .
I’m sorry to hear about your tenant and friend. Hard to imagine starting over at 70 yrs old. I’m with Amish on this, riding off into desert mountains may look romantic in the movies but not in reality.
I know we see things different politically but I’m with Biden on the oil pipeline and fracking. It is going to hurt to move away from oil and gas but if we ever want to stop polluting our only planet we call home it’s time to begin weaning off the stuff. If we were smart as a species we should have been doing it slowly over the last 50 years or so. I don’t think we will see the end of oil dependence in our lifetimes but know in my heart it is past time to start developing cleaner energy. No, the transition won’t be painless, but I’d like to leave a livable planet for our kids and grandkids.

He spent many months wandering around the hills, in his younger days years ago with his son. There was even write ups in local newspapers. . . He has been very proud of that to this day. I honestly think he is wanting to relive those days now that he feels like he basically lost everything in his world.

Well, Brent, then everyone can live like the Amish. It would keep their circle close, that's for sure. If you don't like gasoline, why are you cheering Space X? Rocket fuel is not green. Geesh, manufacturing wind turbines are not green either. If Gates wants to block out the sun, I don't see how solar would work.
Green equals money for someone. Not for the commoners.

I’m sorry to hear about your tenant and friend. Hard to imagine starting over at 70 yrs old. I’m with Amish on this, riding off into desert mountains may look romantic in the movies but not in reality.
I know we see things different politically but I’m with Biden on the oil pipeline and fracking. It is going to hurt to move away from oil and gas but if we ever want to stop polluting our only planet we call home it’s time to begin weaning off the stuff. If we were smart as a species we should have been doing it slowly over the last 50 years or so. I don’t think we will see the end of oil dependence in our lifetimes but know in my heart it is past time to start developing cleaner energy. No, the transition won’t be painless, but I’d like to leave a livable planet for our kids and grandkids.
Guess that may be easy for you to say. You have job security right now and apparently dont have a worry in the world about the gas prices going up . . But so many in my area do not have the luxury. And unfortunately I am seeing first hand where that may lead. My heart breaks for these people who can no longer support themselves from month to month. Some only living from one day to the next. Glad YOU are ok with all these changes with businesses being shut down and lose of jobs. And as a state we were only shut down for a couple weeks. Can only imagine what these Democrat run states are dealing with right now. . .

Last edited:
That sucks for you and your wife, hard to work outside if the smoke is that bad. Y’all just be safe. I can feel for you they have been control burning the state park lands here for the last couple months.
We took off early this morning to go see my sister and parents. We might head over to the coast for a couple days.

Guess that may be easy for you to say. You have job security right now and apparently dont have a worry in the world about the gas prices going up . . But so many in my area do not have the luxury. And unfortunately I am seeing first hand where that may lead. My heart breaks for these people who can no longer support themselves from month to month. Some only living from one day to the next. Glad YOU are ok with all these changes with businesses being shut down and lose of jobs. And as a state we were only shut down for a couple weeks. Can only imagine what these Democrat run states are dealing with right now. . .
Brent just enforces the thoughts of all Libs, they only care about themselves. He'll start howling when it finally effects him. And give it time...it will.

Yes some jobs will be lost, but at the same time others will be created with the new technologies. You paint a picture that’s only one sided here. No, I don’t want people to suffer and starve, that’s ridiculous. I do want to leave a planet that’s liveable though. If you can’t see that fossil fuels are polluting the planet then there’s no hope for you. The keystone pipeline was going to be used to refine oil sands. They are the most dirty and hardest to refine, causing even more pollution. The majority of easy to get and better quality oil has allready been gotten. Now they are working with lower grades and more dangerous to get deposits, and it’s only going to get worse from here on out. It is past time to start changing our ways of doing things. You saying I don’t care about people starving is like me saying you don’t care about destroying your grandkids future by polluting the world. It’s over simplified and single visioned.

Latest posts

Back