Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started cutting firewood for next winter. I like cutting it when there's still snow on the ground, keeps the drinks cold. We still have about 5 cords left over from last winter so I only need to cut a few more cords.
I am switching to propane no more firewood cutting for me

Do we have a thread directingnus to American made, small businesses that we can use rather than Amazon, Walmart, box stores, etc? Should we start one. Maybe if someone has a favorite small business that ships anywhere, we could share those with the group. I try to shop local as much as possible.

Do we have a thread directingnus to American made, small businesses that we can use rather than Amazon, Walmart, box stores, etc? Should we start one. Maybe if someone has a favorite small business that ships anywhere, we could share those with the group. I try to shop local as much as possible.
I like the idea of helping local businesses, but unfortunately not everyone can buy local so maybe if we start a thread we could actually be helping our friends community instead of the big boxes. For instance, I can not buy rennet locally. I would love to be able to get it from a small mom and pop store that could ship it to me verses using Amazon.

I'm also starting a new business (lawn care got old, dad got the gravely), I think thats a great idea. Ill be attempting to make custom antennas (GMRS/FRS, ham, OTA TV, etc) very soon. If I don't make this new VNA/spectrum analyzer pay for itself, the GF will steal all my preps and use me as fertilizer!

I think that would be a great idea. Most of what I buy IS still made in the USA.
Just a couple off the top of my head: Sullivan Glove, All American Made Clothing, Whites boots, Filson, Red Wing boots, All USA Clothing, and many, many more. With today's internet American made products are easy to find.

I am switching to propane no more firewood cutting for me
That is tempting. I use propane for cooking and water heating. Plus I have a back up propane furnace. I probably only use the furnace 4 or 5 times a year. Not sure what the price of propane will be this year, but except for a little gas and oil firewood is free. And I'll never run out of firewood.

We need to come up with a list of USA companies, non left supporting , non left thinking companies to support. I will be boycotting all companies that are pushing for all this nonsensical crap. I will be supporting local small businesses in my town/ state or adjoining States.

That is tempting. I use propane for cooking and water heating. Plus I have a back up propane furnace. I probably only use the furnace 4 or 5 times a year. Not sure what the price of propane will be this year, but except for a little gas and oil firewood is free. And I'll never run out of firewood.
I am tired of cutting it and until recently I had not notice how dirty it had made my ceiling ,,,,I am going to have to clean and paint it

I am tired of cutting it and until recently I had not notice how dirty it had made my ceiling ,,,,I am going to have to clean and paint it
Can't argue with that GG. The ceiling in my living room above the wood stove is 20 feet high. We have a long telescoping pole with a wooly thing on the end for cleaning the ceiling. I'm hoping that I won't live long enough to repaint it.

Can't argue with that GG. The ceiling in my living room above the wood stove is 20 feet high. We have a long telescoping pole with a wooly thing on the end for cleaning the ceiling. I'm hoping that I won't live long enough to repaint it.
My ceiling is 20 ft also. It can be a pain. I have the pole too. I get lots of cob webs. I have windows to the ceiling and when the sun comes in, it's not pretty.

Latest posts

Back