Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1617666162206.png

Dang GG. I have trouble unloading the 150 lbs of critter food i get. I usenmy little red wagon to get it inside.
I get my feed in bulk,,,,I have a large tub it hold 1000lbs I have no way to unload it I have a large trash can it will hold about 225 lbs,,,the rest is carried in using a 5 gallon bucket once it is down to around 150 I slide the tub out and onto the ground and slide it about 40 ft into the barn

fun stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get my feed in bulk,,,,I have a large tub it hold 1000lbs I have no way to unload it I have a large trash can it will hold about 225 lbs,,,the rest is carried in using a 5 gallon bucket once it is down to around 150 I slide the tub out and onto the ground and slide it about 40 ft into the barn

fun stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm hurting just thinking about it.

I can't imagine what that blanket was treated with that would make it smell so bad. A good wool blankt doesn't smell. We used to have ours dry cleaned once a year or so. But now we're so far from a dry cleaner its been a few years since we've had them cleaned, and still no smell. We use two wool blankets on our bed. One is a 5 point blanket by Earlys of Whitney and the other is a "Horse Rug" (very heavy) also by Earlys of Whitney. Both made in England and are very high quality. Its warming up now so we took the horse rug off the bed. We keep a wool blanket in each vehicle. These are made in Vermont at Johnson Woolen Mills. All are 100% new wool. Many cheaper blankets are made from scraps that are reprocessed and made in to blankets.
Around the house we have probably 6 or 8 lap blankes that we picked up in New Zealand and are made from Marino wool.
Too bad your husband isn't on board with prepping, even in a small way. Theres far more to prepping than just waiting for the end of times. There could be a major storm where you can't get out for weeks, or a major power outage that could last for days, weeks, or longer. I think our power grid is very fragile and could easily fail. We're on solar with backup generators so that's not much of a concern for us, but we do get snowed in every winter for a week or two.
We have a Mr Buddy heater too. I've used it to heat up engines in remote areas on the ranch that are hard to start in cold weather.
Good luck with your plans, and get rid of that smelly blanket. Bury it somewhere or burn it. If you do burn it, it will smell like branding time for awhile. And remember, you get what you pay for. Our blankets were expensive, but they will last for many years.
Thank you Articdude. Baby steps I was shocked hubby agreed to the buddy heater and the fan. I have backpacks and regular blankets in each car. He puts up with that even though he thinks I live in fear I’m not I just know things can happen and it is best to be as prepared as possible. I know we can’t plan for every scenario. It just seems like common sense to me. I practically have to beg my adult kids to have emergency car items. One Christmas that is what I got each of them and made a backpack for my GRANDS. I doubt they keep up with changing it out they are too busy with everyda
I can't imagine what that blanket was treated with that would make it smell so bad. A good wool blankt doesn't smell. We used to have ours dry cleaned once a year or so. But now we're so far from a dry cleaner its been a few years since we've had them cleaned, and still no smell. We use two wool blankets on our bed. One is a 5 point blanket by Earlys of Whitney and the other is a "Horse Rug" (very heavy) also by Earlys of Whitney. Both made in England and are very high quality. Its warming up now so we took the horse rug off the bed. We keep a wool blanket in each vehicle. These are made in Vermont at Johnson Woolen Mills. All are 100% new wool. Many cheaper blankets are made from scraps that are reprocessed and made in to blankets.
Around the house we have probably 6 or 8 lap blankes that we picked up in New Zealand and are made from Marino wool.
Too bad your husband isn't on board with prepping, even in a small way. Theres far more to prepping than just waiting for the end of times. There could be a major storm where you can't get out for weeks, or a major power outage that could last for days, weeks, or longer. I think our power grid is very fragile and could easily fail. We're on solar with backup generators so that's not much of a concern for us, but we do get snowed in every winter for a week or two.
We have a Mr Buddy heater too. I've used it to heat up engines in remote areas on the ranch that are hard to start in cold weather.
Good luck with your plans, and get rid of that smelly blanket. Bury it somewhere or burn it. If you do burn it, it will smell like branding time for awhile. And remember, you get what you pay for. Our blankets were expensive, but they will last for many years.
Thank you Articdude!

Latest posts

Back