Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32 F is not bad at all. We are 60 F today....finally. Two weeks ago we were negative 13 F. That is: negative 25 celcius. I am enjoying the sunshine, and so are the barn cats. That are on the rocking chairs on the porch soaking it up.
Today the builders connected our room add on to our existing house, and it is so exciting to use a door to go from one room to another. It is a large bedroom, a closet, a bathroom, and a basement. The plumbers can't get to the bathroom for a couple of weeks, though. Too many broken pipes in the area in our freeze week.

32 F is not bad at all. We are 60 F today....finally. Two weeks ago we were negative 13 F. That is: negative 25 celcius. I am enjoying the sunshine, and so are the barn cats. That are on the rocking chairs on the porch soaking it up.
Today the builders connected our room add on to our existing house, and it is so exciting to use a door to go from one room to another. It is a large bedroom, a closet, a bathroom, and a basement. The plumbers can't get to the bathroom for a couple of weeks, though. Too many broken pipes in the area in our freeze week.
THAT IS SO EXCITING!! So happy for you both, . . . I have always wanted an add on to our existing house that will probably never happen. :)

Same here on non gmo seeds. Heirloom seeds are extremely hard to find anywhere around me .

Gonna share some info on non gmo. Genetic modification is a very expensive process. Round up ready beans as an example. When you purchase them it is usually a commercial farmer in very large quantities. When those seeds are purchased you sign an agreement that you will not save the seeds from that crop at risk of litigation. Those seeds are more expensive than the everyday seed. People are charging huge amounts of money for non gmo seeds. It is a rip off.

You want heirloom or open pollinated seeds. That is your goal for being able to save seeds that come from this plant that will reliably reproduce the same plant unless it cross pollinated naturally wit another plant.

You are not going to find gmo in packets at walmart. You are not going to find gmo at small seed companies and seed houses. Many are using the non gmo label as a scam to charge you more money.

Aim for heirloom and open pollinated. Research the difference between genetic modification and natural hybridization.

Also all organic certified seed are non gmo per the USDA certification process.

Same thing with people marketing "survival" seeds. That is a crock!

Last edited:
Seeds labeled GMO—the acronym for “genetically modified organism”—result from one of the industry’s most controversial practices. GMO seeds are bred not in a garden but in a laboratory using modern biotechnology techniques like gene splicing. Scientists modify a seed’s DNA to ensure the resulting plant produces desired characteristics.

Non-GMO seeds are cultivated through pollination. They can be bred two different ways: as hybrid seeds or as open-pollinated seeds. The term “hybrid” refers to a plant variety developed through a specific, carefully controlled cross-pollination of two different parent plants to produce new traits that can’t be created by inbreeding two of the same plants. Hybrid varieties—also called F1 or “first-filial” hybrids—produce seeds that are not “true to type,” meaning that they do not conform to the known characteristics of a given plant variety.

Open-pollinated seeds, by contrast, are produced from random pollination by wind, birds, insects, or other natural means. Gardeners who save seeds from open-pollinated plants can keep them genetically pure by isolating the plants from the pollen of other plants. They then save seeds from those plants to grow out the following season, confident that the seeds will possess the same characteristics as the parent plant, or grow “true to type.”

Pretty soon they will have to find a way to make cast iron frying pans and dutch ovens NOT BLACK!!!
You will get shot for driving a black car, called a racist for not driving a yellow car or even be called out for making fun of Indians for driving a red car...will anybody stop the world, I want off...

It really has become ridiculous and the cancel culture is even worse, I am just amazed on how quick the American apparently brainwashed people are accepting to this crap! I am scared for our future cause it is not looking good at all.

and you can't play the Bingo game...blackout. And you can't buy blackout curtains, either. Did I tell you that two of our grandsons are half black and half white? So they jokingly tell me when they are in trouble that they are playing the black card. Then we laugh. Then they're still in trouble.

Latest posts

Back