Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My inverter didnt work with the heating pad so i had to turn the heat on high and it was so hot. They did get comfy and quiet though. Just got them home and turned on the Ecoglow. They are still loud. Guess they are just scared
We get our chicks through the mail and pick them up at the post office. The hatchery sends them overnight mail, which is 2 day mail for us. Then its a 2 hour drive home. They always make it just fine. Usually its at least May before its warm enough here for new chicks.

Yeah. Everything is going up in price. I picked up enough wet COB (Corn, Oats, Barly and molasses) to feed the mother cows for a few weeks. This spring I'll start buying my feed by the ton. Lot cheaper than bag price.
It looks like I've got enough hay to last for about 3 weeks before I need to start hauling more home. Hopefully my road will be open enough to start hauling again. Right now I can barely get my truck out empty.
You remind me why I live in the south....l

Everything is going to go up in price. With the unrestricted borrowing the govt is doing there is no way inflation won’t climb steeply. I just hope it never sees anything like Venezuela has, I wish I had solid answers for how to prep for it. I have worked hard my entire life to get ahead. Now I hate to see all that I have worked for reduced in value.

Sooo according to the left in chicago the reason for the massive rise in car jacking is because of Grand Theft Auto play station game. Chicago sees spike in carjackings, prompting call to ban ‘Grand Theft Auto’

I live in a poor neighborhood but in a large California city that had become even larger due to teleworkers fleeing the bay area and hiking up real estate prices. Everyday I see up to 5 cars with no registration stickers or stickers that are 2-3 year beyond expiration. Murders are up like 30%.. police chopper in the sky used to be once a week or so but since covid hit now it's several times per day it's becoming more of a nuisance than gun shots. People just don't care anymore. They've lost their purpose and will to live and they're becoming erratic. Society is slowly breaking down here in California. Please don't let this happen in red states. Heed our call!

And don't even get me started on the homeless which are instead now being called "unhoused" as to not offend them. I'm not kidding. Some of these bastards drive better cars than I do but live in encampments along the levees.

Everything is going to go up in price. With the unrestricted borrowing the govt is doing there is no way inflation won’t climb steeply. I just hope it never sees anything like Venezuela has, I wish I had solid answers for how to prep for it. I have worked hard my entire life to get ahead. Now I hate to see all that I have worked for reduced in value.

THE free money the US govt is giving to everyone is just driving up prices across the US along with the quantative easing.

IMG_20210224_213119.jpg

We've had snow every day, except yesterday, for the past 2+ weeks. Fortunately its only been 2-8 inches each day, until today. They're calling for a foot or more at my elevation today with high winds. The drifting is the problem. Of the 3 miles of road that I'm plowing about half of that is exposed to the wind and drifts bad. My new 6 foot snow blower mounted on my tracked vehicle works great, going down hill. But coming back up hill the tracks just spin on the steeper sections of road. I need to figure out a way to add studs to the tracks.

We haven't gotten any free money. It was based on 2018 income taxes, and husband and I both worked full time that year. We had two businesses going and he had another full time job.
Never mind that I retired the next year, and he retired this last summer. And we have 3 grandkids to raise. Not everyone got free money. But alot who did, were foreign countries to expand their liberal programs, like abortion for all. It makes me mad that my taxpayer money went to that. Australians got money from their government. I wonder what other countries did?
Illegals coming in here are getting free money this round. Whatever a country throws money at, you can expect to see more of.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22213822/will-americans-get-another-stimulus-check

The Biden administration and its allies in Congress are pushing for a new round of $1,400 checks to all but the richest Americans. If you’ve been following the ins and outs of Covid-19 relief politics in recent weeks, this isn’t surprising news.

But consider what a dramatic transformation of American politics this represents. The first $1,200 checks that were sent out as part of a massive relief package in early 2020 were genuinely unprecedented in American history. The US has issued refunds for taxes paid in the past, and those refunds sometimes looked a bit like unconditional checks, as in 2001.

The $1,200 checks were not refunds. They were just checks, and they were available even to low-income Americans with low or no tax burdens.

These checks were the closest the US, or most other rich countries, had ever come to trying a universal basic income. By one estimate, 93 percent of Americans got money from the program, which offered benefits to, say, a family of four as long as they earned under $218,000. “93 percent basic income” is not quite universal basic income, but it’s not far off, either.

Latest posts

Back