Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent how is your wife doing?
Thanks, She is recovering today, slowly. The bad news is they couldn’t do what needed to be fixed with the scope. We are going back to the doctor when she recovers from this to see what other options she has, but likely will be going in the old fashioned way and opening her kidney up. It’s a lot more to recover from and doesnt do the kidney much good.

Thanks, She is recovering today, slowly. The bad news is they couldn’t do what needed to be fixed with the scope. We are going back to the doctor when she recovers from this to see what other options she has, but likely will be going in the old fashioned way and opening her kidney up. It’s a lot more to recover from and doesnt do the kidney much good.

I hope she recovers well and enjoys many more years with her loved ones.
Severe sickness and death are the hardest things to prepare oneself for.

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve got just about everything I could want, but not being able to fix the people you care about is a tough thing to deal with. I honestly think it would be easier be the one with the health issues. One thing I’ve learned is to take one day at a time.

Thanks, She is recovering today, slowly. The bad news is they couldn’t do what needed to be fixed with the scope. We are going back to the doctor when she recovers from this to see what other options she has, but likely will be going in the old fashioned way and opening her kidney up. It’s a lot more to recover from and doesn't do the kidney much good.
I had a Large kidney stone about 15 years ago and the options were Lithotripsy or surgery to open the kidney and take it out. My Urologist told me to go Lithotripsy because opening the kidney was a huge deal. Large scar on the outside and scar on the Kidney. I went Lithotripsy(sending sound waves into my body and exploding kidney stone into small pieces, hopefully, and then passing them)! Which is more painful but I would rather that than operating. I Hope and Pray for the Best for your Wife and You!

I had a Large kidney stone about 15 years ago and the options were Lithotripsy or surgery to open the kidney and take it out. My Urologist told me to go Lithotripsy because opening the kidney was a huge deal. Large scar on the outside and scar on the Kidney. I went Lithotripsy(sending sound waves into my body and exploding kidney stone into small pieces, hopefully, and then passing them)! Which is more painful but I would rather that than operating. I Hope and Pray for the Best for your Wife and You!
Thank you, my wife has had a long term major illness and the stones are just one of the side affects. She has had lithotripsy many times and this was the 8th time they went in with a scope to break them up. Her kidneys are pretty scarred up each time from the scope. The lithotripsy is always your first try, but even it isn’t pain free by any means. These stones seem to be embedded in the kidney tissue and will likely need to be cut out the old fashioned way. We just take one day at a time and each obstacle as it comes. After seeing what she has gone through first hand I can honestly say I’m very thankful to have never had a stone....

So sorry to hear you guys are under the weather with the bug. It sucks. I didn’t have much problem and I pray you guys don’t either.
Last night was the worse. Hard to breathe. I've been sleeping on the couch in front of the wood stove all day. The wife is still in bed.

Latest posts

Back