Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that I have learned through the years is do not be afraid to doctor shop! My little surgeon was troubling at first. Jesus I have shoes older than he is! But he is not knife happy he is more cautious. He believes in closely monitoring the injuries with lots of xrays through out the healing process. He takes plenty of time to explain things. Most doctors run people through like a blue light special in the underwear section.
I should have shopped but the first one was Supposed to be top notch, I found out different. He sent me to the next one because he said, "I am getting out of the foot business, there is nothing else I can do for you"! I laughed and said, "Why, because you can't fix feet to start with"? did not get a nice response. The doctor I have now I found while in the hospital for another reason, twisted small intestine, OUCH, and they told me about a new young foot doctor. I went to him and and the first thing he said was, I don't operate to operate, If I don't think I can do any better, I won't touch it! I really like, and trust, him way more than I did the other two old farts! In fact, this doctor was doing his intern in Florida when I was going to the other two but WAY worth it. He is confident he can make it good and I trust him! I like the ay he talks to me, listens to me, answers my questions with what I believe are his honest and true answers. So far, so good. My foot was Really messed up after almost 2 years of nothing being done. I have shoes older than him also! LOL Good Luck and You are in Our Prayers for a Great Outcome!

I’m taking my wife in for another kidney surgery tomorrow morning. Luckily her surgeon has worked on her two other times and we both think pretty highly of her. I was a surgical assistant and worked with lots of different surgeons. Some I highly respected and some wouldn’t be allowed to work on farm animals for me. Shopping around and learning as much as you can about your doctor is a really good idea.

Good luck and I wish your wife well Brent.

DD looks like the plateau may get some white tonight. I wish we could but this week I have to drive 3 days. I like to stay home and watch it. Not dr>ve innit.

Wanting snow here too! I do have to drive a few times myself this week, but will just use the right vehicle for the snow. Be careful if you do get snow Robin! And everyone else too!

Don’t forget to make sure you have your Day Bag with food and water, extra warm clothing, boots and a weapon in your vehicles when going out.

DD looks like the plateau may get some white tonight. I wish we could but this week I have to drive 3 days. I like to stay home and watch it. Not dr>ve innit.

Woke up about 5:00 am to flurries. Not sticking yet. They are calling for an accumulation of 2" on top here due to elevation. Luckily I do not have anywhere to be this week! Stay safe down there in the valley!

Clear and cold here this morning. The wind is picking up and it looks like it could blow in a storm. We had about 2 feet of snow just before Thanksgiving but much has melted off. High temps have been in the mid 20's.
The wife and I have both been sick for the past week. She was supposed to fly to work today but had to cancel. She's at the doctor's now and later this morning she has an MRI at the hospital.

Clear and cold here this morning. The wind is picking up and it looks like it could blow in a storm. We had about 2 feet of snow just before Thanksgiving but much has melted off. High temps have been in the mid 20's.
The wife and I have both been sick for the past week. She was supposed to fly to work today but had to cancel. She's at the doctor's now and later this morning she has an MRI at the hospital.
Hope you both get well soon.

Hope you both get well soon.
Thanks Brent. It turns out that the wife tested positive for the Corona virus today. Which means that I probably have it too. Before she can return to work she has to have 2 negative tests.
2020 has been a hard year financially. And it just keeps getting worse.

Thanks Brent. It turns out that the wife tested positive for the Corona virus today. Which means that I probably have it too. Before she can return to work she has to have 2 negative tests.
Sorry to hear this Arctic. Hopefully, it will be slight. My main problem was fatigue, but the B12 shots are little miracles.

Sorry to hear this Arctic. Hopefully, it will be slight. My main problem was fatigue, but the B12 shots are little miracles.
I expected the doctor to give here something. But they couldn't get her out of the clinic quick enough. She's been in bed all day. When I'm done with chores I'm going to wrap up in a blanket and get some sleep.

I just hope it’s mild for you both. It really is a genetic crap shoot how your body handles it. Luckily with no major health issues your likely to do fine. I still say it’s worthy of prevention, as in masks, but not even close to shuttering businesses.

Latest posts

Back