Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey DirtDiva, going Tuesday to find out when, and what, my next foot surgery will include. So much fun!

Good luck simpleman. I am hoping mine heals so that the bone continues to align good so I won't have to have screws implanted. The ultimate goal is to not have to go under the knife. Time will tell.

I think Arctiddude's wife has a broken foot too. It's an epidemic 🤪

Good luck simpleman. I am hoping mine heals so that the bone continues to align good so I won't have to have screws implanted. The ultimate goal is to not have to go under the knife. Time will tell.

I have had 2 surgeries, pins, screws and still going for more.😾 Hate for any of us to be in it!

Good Luck on the alignment! Praying it works for you! The knife wasn't fun.

I have had 2 surgeries, pins, screws and still going for more.😾 Hate for any of us to be in it!

My husband went through that from a military injury. He spent almost 2 years in casts and boots. He has both pins and screws also. Finally they ended up just fusing some of it. It is definitely not fun though!

My husband went through that from a military injury. He spent almost 2 years in casts and boots. He has both pins and screws also. Finally they ended up just fusing some of it. It is definitely not fun though!
I have been going thru this since Aril 2018, 2 idiot doctors that did nothing. One just kept putting it in casts, even tho one bone was 3/4 of inch mis aligned. The other said, "Walk on it, it will get better"! LOL, It didn't! Now the third doctor is having to fix everything, including rebreaking bones, pins, screws, fusion and more to come. It Sucks! It looks like 2 different people when you look at my feet, and I need 2 different size shoes now. 😾

I have been going thru this since Aril 2018, 2 idiot doctors that did nothing. One just kept putting it in casts, even tho one bone was 3/4 of inch mis aligned. The other said, "Walk on it, it will get better"! LOL, It didn't! Now the third doctor is having to fix everything, including rebreaking bones, pins, screws, fusion and more to come. It Sucks! It looks like 2 different people when you look at my feet, and I need 2 different size shoes now. 😾

One thing that I have learned through the years is do not be afraid to doctor shop! My little surgeon was troubling at first. Jesus I have shoes older than he is! But he is not knife happy he is more cautious. He believes in closely monitoring the injuries with lots of xrays through out the healing process. He takes plenty of time to explain things. Most doctors run people through like a blue light special in the underwear section.

I’m taking my wife in for another kidney surgery tomorrow morning. Luckily her surgeon has worked on her two other times and we both think pretty highly of her. I was a surgical assistant and worked with lots of different surgeons. Some I highly respected and some wouldn’t be allowed to work on farm animals for me. Shopping around and learning as much as you can about your doctor is a really good idea.

Latest posts

Back