Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a couple loads of gravel yesterday. Need to get it spread out before it freezes solid.
-
Hi Arcticdude, I was just wondering as you said something about "freezing solid". Do you have a running water toilet or an -outhouse-? If you DO have an outhouse; did you check out how full it is? Maybe you need to dig a reserve hole as long as the ground is not frozen yet and cover it with some wood. If it get full in the middle of winter, the only way to get a new hole is dynamite or build a fire and melt the ice and frozen gound to be able to dig.....just thinking, Gary

Its warmed up to 27 degs. Still can't get the generator to keep running.
Good morning to the cold NW., When I used to drive across the US in an old Freightliner, we added ATF, (automatic transmission fluid) to the diesel fuel to keep it from freezing and jelling. Read up or Google the idea if it is still done like that, I learned it from an old timer in a cab-over Peterbuilt who had 6 patches on his jacket with a "2 million mile" logo in Yukon, OK. Gary

Last edited:
Good morning to the cold NW., When I used to drive across the US in an old Freightliner, we added ATF, (automatic transmission fluid) to the diesel fuel to keep it from freezing and jelling. Read up or Google the idea if it is still done like that, I learned it from an old timer in a cab-over Peterbuilt who had 6 patches on his jacket with a "2 million mile" logo in Yukon, OK. Gary
ATF is red
Farm Diesel is red
You get where I'm going with this?
So for a genny, no problem, it can use farm diesel legally. For a commercial truck, big problem.
I have read on the Interwebs (so it must be true, right? :rolleyes: ) that type F is the only ATF that won't damage the engine when used as an additive.

On a side note, ATF is a very popular additive for gun oil. One of the most well known home brew CLP oils is "Ed's Red" - red from the ATF in it.

Gold is being manipulated. Somebody is trying to drive the price down - several times today and numerous times in the last week. It's in the NYMEX market where it's happening and you can see a sudden big drop in the price of gold right when the market opens. Presumably to prevent people from using it as a safe haven.

Gold is being manipulated. Somebody is trying to drive the price down - several times today and numerous times in the last week. It's in the NYMEX market where it's happening and you can see a sudden big drop in the price of gold right when the market opens. Presumably to prevent people from using it as a safe haven.
if it all goes to crap,,,,,,lead will be the new money

a glitch in Microsoft tonight,,,even though I was connected to the web I could not get on any websites,,,I shut it down and tried about 20 minutes later we are running fine now except MSN is down,,,and I think that is Microsofts home page

well,it seems my days working as a temp are over, my boss called me for a chat a dropped the news in my laps ; would you like to be a regular here??
it's gonna make my life a little easier...the new crew is fantastic,so I said ; YES..

well,it seems my days working as a temp are over, my boss called me for a chat a dropped the news in my laps ; would you like to be a regular here??
it's gonna make my life a little easier...the new crew is fantastic,so I said ; YES..
awwwwwwwwwwwwww,,,,they like you isn't that nice,,,,,,,,lol

Latest posts

Back