Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is crazy that taxes can go up to that amount! We have a 2% increase and trust me they do use the max every year here. It is a crying shame that since the city lost so much revenue that they expect their citizens who have been struggling themselves with the shutdowns to come up with extra money they lost because of it. I saw where Dallas was trying to raise taxes to 8% but they have to get it passed first.
Are you able to take advantage of AG or timber exemptions on your property? I'm able to take advantage of both here and it saves thousands a year.

Are you able to take advantage of AG or timber exemptions on your property? I'm able to take advantage of both here and it saves thousands a year.
we could take advantage of the AG exemption, but hunny seems to think we would have to either pay now or at tax time so he hasn't set us up. I may have to look into it though.

I went to Walmart today,,and ran into a woman I knew, I asked her what she thought of all the crap going on ,,,,,she is expecting the end of times,the 4 horseman to come riding in and end the world,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,some people will believe anything they are told,,,she is a prime example of that

this may go on for a few years but it's just a bump in the road of life,we will see some hard times who knows how many we will lose,,,but this old world will keep right on spinning no matter the outcome of this mess we have right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know I'm not going anywhere the corona is not bad here where I am I have seen nothing in the way of protest so at this time safety is no concern,,,I have food laid in ,shelter and ammo and a couple good dogs,,,,what more do you need

we could take advantage of the AG exemption, but hunny seems to think we would have to either pay now or at tax time so he hasn't set us up. I may have to look into it though.
It may work differently in different states. In my state property tax has nothing to do with income tax. With the AG exemption, tax credits and sales tax exemptions we have a relatively (very) small tax liability. Plus it helps that I've been "retired" for 5 years now and have zero reportable income.
Part of my prepping plans have been to cut out as much tax as possible. Legally of course. Prior to retirement I was paying six figure income tax and close to $5k per month in property tax.

Latest posts

Back