Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To OddCaliber - In case you see this - What is going on with the water in New Orleans ? I understand due to low Mississippi River levels , salt water is traveling up the river compromising the drinking water for portions of that city .
It's called salt water intrusion. When the river level is down water from the Gulf makes it's way up river. I'll give more info later.

Totally out there, but I always thought it was blood splatter but it's blood spatter. I feel goofy. I like to learn something new daily, so I'm already ahead of the game.
Blood spatter is small particles, blood splatter is large particles. There is some overlap.

Does anyone make their own compound butter?
We do get fresh milk occasionally and let it set till it is ready and make our own butter. Sometimes it gets different spices and is used on different meats as herbal butter for the extra flavor.
The term compound butter is new to me tho.....

We do get fresh milk occasionally and let it set till it is ready and make our own butter. Sometimes it gets different spices and is used on different meats as herbal butter for the extra flavor.
The term compound butter is new to me tho.....
Basically the same as compound butter when you mix spices and herbs. This may help.
1695678121274.jpeg

And the link
https://themodernproper.com/compound-butters
  • The best compound butter for steak:parsley + lemon juice (aka beurre maître d'hôte)
  • Our favorite compound butter for chicken: garlic + thyme + lemon
  • There’s a compound butter for turkey too: citrus zest + juice + roasted garlic
  • And a no-brainer, we love compound butter for bread: garlic + butter (aka beurre à la bourguignonne)
  • Compound butter for fish is a fresh idea: lemon + any fresh herbs

Does anyone make their own compound butter? I just saw a video where someone makes butter really easy and it made me look up different flavored butters lol

Yes, I have a nice size butter churn to make it in.

Robin, I thought you were referring to something else. Guess I need to read previous posts so get a reference…

Really nice page on compound butter recipes Dani!! 😍

Last edited:
File this under trivia: “The ‘dog days of summer’ is a phrase used to describe the hot and humid days of summer,” traced back to the days of the Roman Empire and “refers to the dates from July 03 through August 11, which is 20 days prior and 20 days after the star Sirius rises and falls in conjunction with the sun.”

Sirius, was known as the “Dog Star” because it is the brightest star in the constellation Canis Major (Large Dog).

12 per day. Good grief that's 12 x 32 grams of sugar. I'm impressed
Either I have a good metabolism or the sugar leaves my body unchanged because I dont gain weight. And its 12 x 41g sugar, just over a pound a day, not counting the other carbs from eating. I'm sure the sugar will catch up to me eventually. The circulation in my feet is terrible, always cold. I heard thats a pre-diabetes warning sign.

Latest posts

Back