Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but I'm not a "peasant," I'm just someone who has had tens of thousands in medical expenses recently and have to choose between feeding children on the event of disaster OR purchasing equipment that I may never use.

If you're tired of arguing with people, maybe try politeness. Blanketly calling everyone names just because you had a kerfuffle with one person is going nuclear over something minor. There are much bigger hills to die on with folks.
It literally costs $35 for the license and $20 for a transceiver to get on the air with amateur radio. I don’t care if you get on ham radio or not. “It’s expensive” is a straight up lie. The people here saying it is need to stop spreading misinformation.

It literally costs $35 for the license and $20 for a transceiver to get on the air with amateur radio. I don’t care if you get on ham radio or not. “It’s expensive” is a straight up lie. The people here saying it is need to stop spreading misinformation.
I appreciate that information as I only get more confused when I look at things and most set ups I see are quite expensive. I didn't take issue with the argument that it isn't expensive. I just took issue with being referred to as a peasant. No matter, though, I am not one to hold a grudge.

I have said before I need a very simple dummies guide to HAM radio because I am nowhere near a techie.

Yesterday I was helping one of my sons work on a new house on our survival area , as he was off from work due to there being a dead guy at the bottom of an aluminum ladder at his work site , that was using the ladder to reach a power line to " allegedly " steal wire . Desperation by some is becoming more common place as SHTF deepens .

Had she assisted successful home births in the past?
That's too bad, then. The way things are going, people will soon need midwives like her.
Agree that's too bad, I had both my boys natural birth, no pain killers/epidurals, etc....with midwife...albeit it was in hospital setting with OB/GYN on back up...luckily wasn't needed..we never know..

We know women been having babies for LOOONG time with no assistance from MDs....

So glad to hear infant survived!

SERIOUSLY?!!!! This 75 year old man deserves retribution!

1685017057779.png

I am so HUNGRY with all the physical work I am doing. It has made me realize just how much more we will need to be growing in the event of disaster. We will need so many more calories just to keep going.

I knew this, but having a few years where I was sidelined has really brought it into focus.

I am so HUNGRY with all the physical work I am doing. It has made me realize just how much more we will need to be growing in the event of disaster. We will need so many more calories just to keep going.

I knew this, but having a few years where I was sidelined has really brought it into focus.
Good point. I just came up to the house for lunch. I eat a big breakfast in the morning and I'm starving again. One thing that I've also noticed is, the older I get the less I eat for dinner. Usually I'm too tired from working outside all day to eat much.

Me too, no matter how much I work and how much I do or did eat, I still try to get a snack, cookies, chocolate, milk, joghurt or something just before bedtime for the extra energy. I also use tablets or powdered forms of glucose sugar for fast energy. It keeps my head clear and gives me an energy boost for fast hard work like chopping wood or handling the rototiller for a few hours and then dissapates quickly again without leaving any un-needed calories. I have also learned to ferment my oatmeal with pro-biotics to get the phytic acid out which binds with the needed nutrients and gives me about 80 % more nutrients from the same serving without eating more.

So true! Simply spending the day outdoors makes a person hungrier. Raising meat animals takes much less calories than growing vegetables.

Did some running around parked the truck next to barn so I could roll a 250 barrel of feed onto the tractor forks.
Getting perishable stuff out of the back seat, 4 small cow pies! I don‘t have a cow.
My guess, cattle gates are full of mud and a heifer found its way up. Might have to put the chains up to keep the free range out til they clean the cattle gates.

Latest posts

Back