Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It snowed all night here, and supposed to snow all day today and tomorrow. We have a banquet we're going to tonight, which is normally a 3 hour drive away, but we're leaving at 6 this morning because of the condition of our road. Fortunately it's below freezing out, and from the house it's down hill almost all the way to the county road. We'll park the SxS down at the bottom of the hill in case we have problems.

We had some tornadoes but small ones. The storm tore up the roof a bit and we had a small leak.

We always had a metal roof before, so I'm not used to shingles. Do we need to keep extra shingles on hand? How many?

As soon as we have the money, I'm going to request we put on a metal roof again.

We had some tornadoes but small ones. The storm tore up the roof a bit and we had a small leak.

We always had a metal roof before, so I'm not used to shingles. Do we need to keep extra shingles on hand? How many?

As soon as we have the money, I'm going to request we put on a metal roof again.

I kept a 18" high stack of extra shingles when they reroofed my house. I've had to use them a couple of times when limbs knocked holes in the roof.

I've had so many problems with shingles, I'm done with them. From now on I will build with a sturdy metal roof.

I kept a 18" high stack of extra shingles when they reroofed my house. I've had to use them a couple of times when limbs knocked holes in the roof.

I've had so many problems with shingles, I'm done with them. From now on I will build with a sturdy metal roof.
Thanks!

Yeah, I am already sick of it. You don't see a lot of metal roofs out here, but I loved our old one. Well worth the investment.

Thanks!

Yeah, I am already sick of it. You don't see a lot of metal roofs out here, but I loved our old one. Well worth the investment.

We are in a wind storm right now. Have had a few branches hit the roof. No damage done thankfully. We do have a metal roof. Love them too.

Just got home from the banquet. When we left home at 6 this morning if was snowing hard and blowing sideways. Very difficult getting out of our driveway.
The snow turned to rain about 10 miles south of town.
Coming home around midnight it started snowing hard about 5 miles from our road. The wife drove the SxS up the road packing down the snow and I followed her in the Grand Cherokee. I got stuck at least 5 times. In some places the snow was up to the hood and it kept trying to pull me off the road in to the canyon. Some how I made it up to the house.
This latest storm dropped at least 2 feet of snow. They're calling for 2 more days of snow and wind with temps in the teens, or lower.

1680426544889.png

Beginning of a new day . Frost covered valley below me and with my white doves / pigeons flying about putting on a show . Something I promised myself after surviving Viet Nam that if I survived that I would never take a day of life for granted again. . -- In my hand as each morning I am holding my coffee mug that reads " good morning Vietnam , 173rd airborne brigade , you've never lived until you've almost died . Also on the mug is a picture of a Huey helicopter .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back