Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. The only thing we have here at home is Sudafed and Benedryl. It seems to help some. The coughing is so bad at times I can't catch my breath and almost pass out. Our local grocery store is very limited on medicine. We may drive up to the next town that has a larger selection. We're so seldom sick that we don't stock up on meds.
It's been snowing all day and supposed to snow all week too.
Do you have licorice root on hand by any chance? It is one of the best antivirals you can take.

Cordyceps mushrooms can protect the ciliated cells of your lungs, but it sounds like it has progressed past that point.

If you have a PO Box or an address you're willing to share, I can overnight you out a bunch of herbs & tinctures that are good antivirals.

I totally get it if you're not willing to, though. I'm a co.plete stranger who hasn't been on the site for long, so no hard feelings if you say "Heck NO!"

Do you have licorice root on hand by any chance? It is one of the best antivirals you can take.

Cordyceps mushrooms can protect the ciliated cells of your lungs, but it sounds like it has progressed past that point.

If you have a PO Box or an address you're willing to share, I can overnight you out a bunch of herbs & tinctures that are good antivirals.

I totally get it if you're not willing to, though. I'm a co.plete stranger who hasn't been on the site for long, so no hard feelings if you say "Heck NO!"
It's kind of embarrassing about how little medical stuff we have on hand here. The wife has been studying herbs, tinctures and essential oils. But so far that's all. We're pretty well prepared and well stocked for most things, just not health related items. I guess at my age (65) even a common cold can hit pretty hard.

It's kind of embarrassing about how little medical stuff we have on hand here. The wife has been studying herbs, tinctures and essential oils. But so far that's all. We're pretty well prepared and well stocked for most things, just not health related items. I guess at my age (65) even a common cold can hit pretty hard.
It happens. We all have something we're low on.

There are a lot of nasty things going around now, though. That RSV is no joke.

I hope you feel better soon.

Yes, especially these colds as of late. Please get yourself a good stock of OTC meds. All your other preps mean nothing without a way to stay healthy!!

Yes, especially these colds as of late. Please get yourself a good stock of OTC meds. All your other preps mean nothing without a way to stay healthy!!
We're going to town today and stock up on a few things. There's a shop that sells herbs and natural cures. We'll check them out first. Our local grocery store doesn't carry much so we may have to go up to the next town 60 miles away. But first I'll have to plow the road. It snowed all day yesterday. At least the wind quit blowing.

1669644330368.jpeg

Make time to enjoy the beauty around you!

From when our water pressure regulator broke our bill is $800. Somehow my husband said this is my fault. We shouldn't have broken 8 since living here. Im calling tomorrow.
About the same $ when I replaced our main one in the city. We already added 3 more after to get the pressure down for the sprinkler system, barn area etc. 200 lbs pressure was a killer.
As near as I can figure out, when they tested the new construction they never turned it down. It was stuck and I couldn’t turn it down 15 years later.
The road pressure from the road is your issue, but you need a way to prove it.

From when our water pressure regulator broke our bill is $800. Somehow my husband said this is my fault. We shouldn't have broken 8 since living here. Im calling tomorrow.

You should definitely call. Ours was greatly reduced when we had a leak. Your husband is wrong…again.

The design on the Carhart coat is great. I have others for the Labs that are like horse blankets -they don’t stay on dogs.
Some days I can’t get the boxer to let me take her coat off. The blaze orange is really faded after 5 years.

To get totally off the subject of prepping but I was shocked when I read that Red Bone's like Leon can run 40 mph. That makes me understand why I was totally lost when I was chasing him through the woods when he would break his leashes. Greyhounds 45 mph, Leon 40 mph, German Shepherd 30 mph.

Latest posts

Back