Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decorating for Christmas. We have very few cedar trees any more. The Corps of Engineer guy said we had a blight a few years ago. I add some nature to my decor.

It sounds beautiful if you add nature.

I can't wait to get our tree. We wanted to go yesterday but the tree farms were so busy and we have no pines in our own woods.

I buy a real tree every year and always get extra pine branches to put on mantle over fireplace and pick some pine cones up off property to lay in and around the branches...run a string of lights through... spread some here n there on shelves...love the smell too! And the lights this time of year on anything always make me happy....I threaten every year to be one of those who leaves my Christmas lights on all year long..just because there is something about the lights that bring ones mood up..(at least mine)...I end up taking them down, but maybe this year I won't. 🎄✨️ Lol

Not too many people decorate over here. We are seeing more each year tho. My BIL has also started and I am hanging a long row of white lights up that are made of a long string of "icecicles" that hand down and each icecicle is a different length and has more or less lights according to its length. A pic will follow in the next few days.
Helena likes to re-decorate the entire 50 feet of windows in the house with all kinds of angels, santas, elves and lights/candles.

Not too many people decorate over here. We are seeing more each year tho. My BIL has also started and I am hanging a long row of white lights up that are made of a long string of "icecicles" that hand down and each icecicle is a different length and has more or less lights according to its length. A pic will follow in the next few days.
Helena likes to re-decorate the entire 50 feet of windows in the house with all kinds of angels, santas, elves and lights/candles.
We have real icecicles hanging off the roof. If I don't break them off, they will go all the way to the ground.
We're planing on cutting a Christmas tree for the house. Not sure when we'll go out and cut one I've been pretty sick the last several days.

I buy a real tree every year and always get extra pine branches to put on mantle over fireplace and pick some pine cones up off property to lay in and around the branches...run a string of lights through... spread some here n there on shelves...love the smell too! And the lights this time of year on anything always make me happy....I threaten every year to be one of those who leaves my Christmas lights on all year long..just because there is something about the lights that bring ones mood up..(at least mine)...I end up taking them down, but maybe this year I won't. 🎄✨️ Lol

I feel the exact same way! The Christmas decor 🎄❄️smells and the twinkling lights just put a smile on my face! Sitting and just looking at the tree makes me feel calm. So I keep mine up weeks into January, then I put up Winter Decor. Those were decided on to keep the porches and mantels pretty and twinkling until early spring.

We have real icecicles hanging off the roof. If I don't break them off, they will go all the way to the ground.
We're planing on cutting a Christmas tree for the house. Not sure when we'll go out and cut one I've been pretty sick the last several days.

Do you have the bug that’s been going around? If not, what’s going on Arctic?

You do know that Ralphie's mom says those icicles will put your eye out . A CHRISTMAS STORY.

I feel the exact same way! The Christmas decor 🎄❄️smells and the twinkling lights just put a smile on my face! Sitting and just looking at the tree makes me feel calm. So I keep mine up weeks into January, then I put up Winter Decor. Those were decided on to keep the porches and mantels pretty and twinkling until early spring.
We take down our tree on January 2nd. The Santa stuff after Christmas.

Christmas tradition in my family has undergone some radical changes in my lifetime. At some point, I don't remember when, my mother replaced Santa with a "Happy Birthday Jesus" celebration...light a candle on a loaf of banana bread and then sing happy birthday to Jesus. It is now a family tradition. The gifts around the tree come after Christmas Dinner (which is at noon of course-it's the Deep South after all).
In the last few years we had to move Christmas dinner to my youngest sister's house because it's the only one big enough to accommodate the extended family. And my brother-in-law decided to start cooking ribeyes instead of turkey.

Do you have the bug that’s been going around? If not, what’s going on Arctic?
I'm not sure. The last 4 days I've been coughing day and night with little to no sleep, stuffed up and a headache. Some of my coughing fits almost make me pass out. I think in the olden days we used to call it a cold.
The wife wants to take me to the hospital. Not going to happen. I'm sure if I try hard enough I could blame it on Biden.

I'm not sure. The last 4 days I've been coughing day and night with little to no sleep, stuffed up and a headache. Some of my coughing fits almost make me pass out. I think in the olden days we used to call it a cold.
The wife wants to take me to the hospital. Not going to happen. I'm sure if I try hard enough I could blame it on Biden.
And Biden will blame it on Trump.

Yep. That’s the current cold. Take NyQuil. Take lots of vitami C, D and Zinc…very important. Personally I’d swab my nose with diluted Betadine and take CDS.

Yep. That’s the current cold. Take NyQuil. Take lots of vitami C, D and Zinc…very important. Personally I’d swab my nose with diluted Betadine and take CDS.
Thanks. The only thing we have here at home is Sudafed and Benedryl. It seems to help some. The coughing is so bad at times I can't catch my breath and almost pass out. Our local grocery store is very limited on medicine. We may drive up to the next town that has a larger selection. We're so seldom sick that we don't stock up on meds.
It's been snowing all day and supposed to snow all week too.

Latest posts

Back