Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished putting the motor back in the 4 wheeler yesterday. Today I put the coolant and oil in and give it a try. Turns out, sometime last night, someone took it apart and flipped the sprag clutch around because I swear I had it in there right...

Started the demo on my porch remodel today. This is just a small entry porch so shouldn’t be a huge drawn out project at least. Always meant to turn this into a nice mud room/entry. I’m slowly ticking off all the projects on my list around here. I’m not in any rush for things to be completed on any schedule anymore though. It’s nice to be able to take my time and relax more.

I got the first of the new Morgan silver dollars I ordered from the mint today! They sold for 85$ each. eBay is asking 450$ for them already. Nuts!

I always combine trips now. I keep a running list on my phone of things as I think of them and check it anytime I’m out and about.
Me too Brent. It's too far and mom can't get out a lot so when I hitch up the backboard and head into town, I get everything taken care of.

Paint seems in short supply. Walmart was nearly out of rattle cans and the company maintenance dept is having a tough go at getting paint delivered
Ratlle cans have been wiped out here too in home improvement stores.
I keep telling my wife this the time to sell our 4th and 5th vehicle. both 2000s. One runs, the other doesn’t. On some sites, we could what we paid for them 10 to 15 years ago. Just cant find the titles.

You would most likely get more money if you sold parts off the car.
Thought about that with the non running one. Do you need parts from a 2000 Boxster S? New motors are too expensive for it. I have been hanging on for an electric conversion. There are a lot of rollers out there.

I'm more of an SUV guy. LOL. There should be some auto salvage yards around you. They will buy the car and haul it away too.
It was my DD for a while, then my fun car. Longest I ever owned a car, 10 yrs. Still too much sentiment unless someone comes up with $$$$.
Might be a hellava barn find someday.

We had almost 2 inches of rain over the last 2 days. Not much for most of you here, but for us that's a lot of rain.
I managed to get the tar paper up on the wood shed roof between showers. So far I haven't found siding locally for the building yet but I heard that Home Depot has some. When I go to town tomorrow I'll call them before making the 200+ mile round trip.

We had almost 2 inches of rain over the last 2 days. Not much for most of you here, but for us that's a lot of rain.
I managed to get the tar paper up on the wood shed roof between showers. So far I haven't found siding locally for the building yet but I heard that Home Depot has some. When I go to town tomorrow I'll call them before making the 200+ mile round trip.
I got 4 yesterday which is more than I saw last year total. Some of the seed i spread Saturday is already sprouting!

Question. I installed a misting system on my screened porch this summer and my plants love it. Now I’m wondering if I can put up clear vinyl around it and add a heater for the winter to keep my plants out there without having to move them inside my house. Would that work?

Latest posts

Back