Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mylar bags and Oxygen absorbers from Amazon, 5 gallon buckets from Home depot. Beans and rice from Costco. That is a staple for Prepping. That is a pretty boring meal. Best to have some spices. Best to have some vitamins. But that bucket will keep an adult going for a month.

I’ve bought these many times. They work well and normally do not have problems. It is advisable to check out each bag to ensure it really will keep air out of your supplies. Do this by opening each one, facing it toward light and looking into the bag. I’ve found more than a few with small holes in them. Amazon has always refunded my money when I reported it.

10 Dry-Packs 5 Gallon Mylar Bags and 10-2000cc Oxy-Sorb Oxygen Absorbers for Dried Dehydrated and Long Term Food Storage

Does anybody have a recommendation for storage bags inside a 5 gallon bucket. Have gamma lids. Just looking to maximize storage in buckets.

you have mylar bags, 02 absorbers and food grade buckets to store food for long term? - if not you'll need to explain

best way to answer your basic question is to also include basic info on packing >>> Prep School Daily

good overall primer and the nutz & bolts of packing >>> https://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/LDS-Preparedness-Manual.pdf

Mylar bags and Oxygen absorbers from Amazon, 5 gallon buckets from Home depot. Beans and rice from Costco. That is a staple for Prepping. That is a pretty boring meal. Best to have some spices. Best to have some vitamins. But that bucket will keep an adult going for a month.

Home depot sells food grade buckets?

I’ve bought these many times. They work well and normally do not have problems. It is advisable to check out each bag to ensure it really will keep air out of your supplies. Do this by opening each one, facing it toward light and looking into the bag. I’ve found more than a few with small holes in them. Amazon has always refunded my money when I reported it.

10 Dry-Packs 5 Gallon Mylar Bags and 10-2000cc Oxy-Sorb Oxygen Absorbers for Dried Dehydrated and Long Term Food Storage
A low pressure pump is handy for detecting leaks. A vacuum pump used with oxygen absorbers is very useful. After my deep rock fallout shelter was reduced to a cave of rusted guns and spoiled food after 30 years I became wiser.

Food grade buckets? About 50 years ago I read in 'Mad magazine' about a secret message that could only be read if you had their special whale oil that you could only buy from them. It cost $50 dollars an ounce. If you looked closely at the add you could see faintly that it said "SUCKER".

My wife ordered some Mylar bags off the web that fits a five gallon, I can’t think of where but shouldn’t be too hard to find . I stored all my rice and beans in Mylar with oxygen absorbers. I hate to say it but if you don’t mind shopping with the enemy you can find them on Amazon.
I too think Amazon and Walmart have done terrible damage to mom and pop businesses. However they have changed the world for better or worse is irrelevant though. I can get access to way more things, compare quality and value from the comfort of my home, and have it all shipped for free to my front door. I succumbed to the enemy long ago. 90% of my shopping is online now. I can’t imagine having to go back to brick and mortar stores in small towns anymore, with little selection and much higher prices. It’s sad and has changed the way of generations but it is the way of today now.

I too think Amazon and Walmart have done terrible damage to mom and pop businesses. However they have changed the world for better or worse is irrelevant though. I can get access to way more things, compare quality and value from the comfort of my home, and have it all shipped for free to my front door. I succumbed to the enemy long ago. 90% of my shopping is online now. I can’t imagine having to go back to brick and mortar stores in small towns anymore, with little selection and much higher prices. It’s sad and has changed the way of generations but it is the way of today now.
That right there is sad. I try to support my mom and pop stores as much as possible and even suggest items that they could sell to drive in business. I avoid Amazon and even Walmart as much as I can. I go to Walmart maybe once a year. Yes, I am willing to pay a couple more dollars just do they do not get my money.

I bargain shop, but always shop local, Small stores as much as possible. Farmer's Markets and barter. Walmart and Amazon of course do better than mom and pops, but the govt shutting down businesses that were not deemed essential is what put most of them out of business this last year.
I really hate the word essential, and the govt, any govt, does not have the right to decide who or what is essential.
And I hate the phrase, We're all in this together, because truly, the small businesses that went under wasn't "feeling it".

1633878804143.jpeg

I let 2 of 4 dogs out. As I was letting them out, I noticed the security lights coming on. I grabbed the e collar controller. The 1 that didn’t have a collar on got into it (sounded like a fox)with something. Fortunately it was the most obedient one without the collar.
No one hurt, just me scared for them.

Latest posts

Back