Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
79 degs yesterday. Today will probably get up to 80+.
Im looking at buying a new smoker. My current one took some major damage when a block of ice fell off the roof this spring. It still works but kind of wobbles around when I move it.

Overhearing the gf's tv show, sorry... Anyone else getting tired of tv shows spreading fear over 3d printed plastic guns as if they can go through a metal detector undetected? If im not mistaken, you still need steel springs, a hardened firing pin, brass cased ammo and lead projectiles. Has anyone tried sneaking just a bullet through tsa? Bet not...
A tiny splatter of lead on my pants (from casting bullets), smaller than a pinhead, got me pulled out for an enhanced screening at the airport. They could locate the spot where the scanner was saying there was something, but they could not see it. They finally gave up looking for whatever was setting off the alarm and waved me through. When I got home I had to look really close at the spot and finally found the minuscule spot of lead.
You need at minimum, at least one metal spring, and a metal primer for a gun to go "BOOM." Ain't making it through screening at the airport, no way, no how. And with no metal case head and no metal chamber? The whole gun will go "BOOM" most likely.

Now that the price of lumber has dropped I'm starting on my building projects again. The wife and I decided to enlarge our rear deck by adding another 12×30 feet and adding an outdoor cooking area. The deck is all redwood, which is still/always very expensive. Currently the deck is 10×30 feet. Too small for the BBQ, griddle, smoker and the 2 burner stove the wife uses for canning.

Last edited:
Overhearing the gf's tv show, sorry... Anyone else getting tired of tv shows spreading fear over 3d printed plastic guns as if they can go through a metal detector undetected? If im not mistaken, you still need steel springs, a hardened firing pin, brass cased ammo and lead projectiles. Has anyone tried sneaking just a bullet through tsa? Bet not...
Same crying when Glock first hit the market. Same concept different maker.

When I was about 7 or 8 I tried making a gun out in dads shop. I'm sure glad that I never got the dam thing to fire.
I made one when i was 14. It was nothing more than a brass pipe (non tapered chamber drill bit style) with a pipe cap. The cap had a hole and a short piece of nail was the firing pin. The hammer was a metal bar that was powered with many rubber bands. The rest was wood. I saw it in one of those anarchist cookbook type books.

When i finally got it to fire (9mm), the brass pipe split apart at the threads at the cap and the casing was stuck.

I did see a youtube video where printed plastic parts were used to shield and shape metal parts in an electro etching bath with pumped water. He set the bore diameter of a heavy wall tube with an electrode centered (with plastic parts) in the tube, rifling made the same with tight fitting spiraled plastic around an electrode and the chamber taper with a tapered electrode. All machining was done with plastic parts holding shaped electrodes, flowing electrolyte and a power supply. That would be about the best way to use a 3d printer to make a gun. From my understanding, 3d printed plastic had poor adhesion between layers. No way id even fire a totally plastic one.

22 ammo is starting to show up various places.
it is getting on towards hunting season,,, we should start to see more ammo on the shelf,,,

I buy most of mine online but with the price gouging and high shipping cost I buy a box here and a box there,,, I don't do a lot of shooting anyways,never have

Latest posts

Back