Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t understand the jealousy of people like him. He achieved the ultimate success from a great idea, good timing and lots of hard work. I’d say that’s the American dream. I use Amazon all the time, more choices of products gives us the ability to compare quality and pricing. I am excited for him to be able to do this, only still would have let some gung-ho test pilots test it out some more first!

I am not jealous of anyone, for any reason. I applaud hard work and success. I just think Bezos is a pig, and I don't like his politics, or the way he treats people. I don't understand why you are jealous of Trump.

We are going into a 7 day hard lockdown in South Australia.
Delta variant popped it's ugly head 700km away in Adelaide, so the whole state in lockdown. We were doing ok for so long, but it was only a matter of time.
People still panic buying, shelves empty, now social media aflame with people crying they have no food. This is our third ( and harshest ) lockdown - you'd think after 2 warm ups people would learn and start to prepare a little.
Guess not.
I'm fortunate to be considered an essential worker, so no staying at home with no income - can't get over the fact that fishing isn't considered an essential task!! Going to be a fun 7 days.

we don't have any Delta concerns until the mid-term elections and it'll be a total lockdown with only Biden approved voting methods .....

Well Bezos accomplished a perfect flight today! Pretty cool videos of it.

That's awesome. I wonder if he was contemplating how he is going to keep Amazon going since he has pretty much burned through all of his employees, and is running out of options, except paying people a living wage. Maybe he was just thinking how great it is to be rocketing into space on all the billions he has made by paying so little to the people who have nothing. Or, maybe he was just thinking about the next Bilderberg meeting where they will come up with a plan to spread communism faster, so they can make even more money while the little guy "has nothing and will be completely happy".

Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they'll run out of people to employ, according to a new report

Amazon Execs Worry About Turnover, Running Out of Workers: Report (businessinsider.com)

That's awesome. I wonder if he was contemplating how he is going to keep Amazon going since he has pretty much burned through all of his employees, and is running out of options, except paying people a living wage. Maybe he was just thinking how great it is to be rocketing into space on all the billions he has made by paying so little to the people who have nothing. Or, maybe he was just thinking about the next Bilderberg meeting where they will come up with a plan to spread communism faster, so they can make even more money while the little guy "has nothing and will be completely happy".
I’m pretty sure the starting pay at Amazon is higher than most other industries. Not by much I’m sure but not at the bottom of the pile. I’ve never seen anything credible about Bezos being communist in any way though?

I’m pretty sure the starting pay at Amazon is higher than most other industries. Not by much I’m sure but not at the bottom of the pile. I’ve never seen anything credible about Bezos being communist in any way though?
Plus nobody is being forced to work there. If a person doesn't like the boss or his policies or political beliefs, go work somewhere else. I doubt if Bezos cares.

I'm all for new innovations in space. My husband has worked in that industry all his life. Bezos is an odd duck. Possibly pulling a fast one on all those greenies he donates to. Going into space isn't exactly green.
And I also doubt if Bezos cares what people think of him.

Were they in that bad a condition, why not just fix the leak?
Most of my life I would have just fixed the leak too. I would drive every last mile out of them before finally replacing them. Now, older and wiser, and a little more secure financially, I know the dangers of riding on older worn tires. We get lots of rain here and having good tread for traction is important. Also I just don’t want to deal with changing a flat on the side of the road if I can avoid it. I look at it as a cost vs benefit thing.

Going into space isn't exactly green.
Oh but it is. Haven't you seen all the movies where people have to flee earth because of global warming and start colonies in space?

Which always amused me. Exactly how bad can global warming be compared to living on the moon where there is no atmosphere to buffer the sunlight or hold heat at night, so you have over 200°F temps during the day and below -200°F during the night, nothing to filter out cosmic rays, UV, etc.

Mars, Venus, and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter are equally inhospitable. Think about living in orbit. The Space Station has to be resupplied regularly.

Even if the atmosphere of earth becomes unbreathable and the water undrinkable, you can filter out the toxins and grow plants in an unpressurized greenhouse.

Were they in that bad a condition, why not just fix the leak?
They had about 30% tread left. But in our location and the rough roads we drive on its easy to get a sharp rock through a weak spot on the tire. Which happened on the last set of tires on this vehicle. And since this Jeep is 4 wheel drive all 4 tires need to be replace at the same time.

Most of my life I would have just fixed the leak too. I would drive every last mile out of them before finally replacing them. Now, older and wiser, and a little more secure financially, I know the dangers of riding on older worn tires. We get lots of rain here and having good tread for traction is important. Also I just don’t want to deal with changing a flat on the side of the road if I can avoid it. I look at it as a cost vs benefit thing.
Exactly. We seldom get any rain here but we do travel on some remote mountain roads that are steep and narrow. A few years ago I was driving somewhere on a stormy night and I hit a boulder in the road and it tore a hole in the side wall on a front tire. These were fairly new tires too, had to replace all 4. I've learned over the years to keep up on tires and batteries. I was stranded one time in Alaska with a dead battery during winter. Not fun. So now I replace battery's at regular intervals.

its not so much the tyres as the wheel alignment, I was driving somewhere several years ago, thought the tyres were fine but they had worn badly because the alignment was out, anyway I blew the front onside tyre, the off side front was in a similar condition and the spare which I'd bought with the car was too so I ended up having to buy 3 new tyres.
now I have the wheel alignment checked 3 or 4 times a year, its a lot cheaper than buying new tyres.

its not so much the tyres as the wheel alignment, I was driving somewhere several years ago, thought the tyres were fine but they had worn badly because the alignment was out, anyway I blew the front onside tyre, the off side front was in a similar condition and the spare which I'd bought with the car was too so I ended up having to buy 3 new tyres.
now I have the wheel alignment checked 3 or 4 times a year, its a lot cheaper than buying new tyres.
Each of my vehicles have 2 sets of tires, one for winter and one set for summer. Everytime we switch out the tires they are rotated and we have the alignment checked.

Latest posts

Back