Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's China, and eventually some people are going to die, but it's still pretty impressive, especially for the price. CA has spent 20 years, and $77 BILLION on their bullet train that isn't finished and will likely never be finished.

China's $5.6 billion high-speed railroad has opened up in Tibet. Its electric bullet trains are racing 250 miles across the country.

China's $5.6 billion high-speed railroad has opened up in Tibet. Its electric bullet trains are racing 250 miles across the country. (yahoo.com)

• China opened up a new high-speed railroad that connects cities with an electric bullet train.
  • Passengers can travel from Tibet's capital, Lhasa, to the city of Nyingchi in three and a half hours.
  • The train will travel 160 km/h down the 250-mile railroad, which crosses the Tibet countryside
China's first fully electrified bullet train is now on the tracks in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet

1626666092300.png

So, week one of retirement here. Worked in some projects that I wanted to and took breaks as wanted during the heat of the day. It’s really nice to think about what I want to do vs what I had to do. Would be more fun to eat good food but on a diet right now… have lost ten pounds though without starving at least. Will splurge with eating out when I hit my target weight. It’s a rainy day here, and cooler thankfully. I’m still really in culture shock with not having a hundred things needing to be done each day! (But it’s a good culture shock)
6 yrs into a early retirement and I work harder now than I did working. But it is more rewarding. Plus the boss lets me buy cool toys to make my life easier.
I just hope by the time I am 70, I can sit back enjoy my hard work.

The wife and I went down to the pond last night and saw 3 sets of bear tracks in the mud. A sow and 2 cubs. They hauled off the gut pile from the last beef we butchered.
Simple things like that, make my day. Makes me a happier person.

My equivalent is checking my trail cams. Getting cool photos like my avatar. But what gets my goat is not getting a trail cam photo of the Mountain lion I keep spotting. I guess it’s legal hunting of Mountain Lions.

No rain. Highs around 100. I can't even see the other side of the river. Choppers in the air during daylight. Everyone who goes outside has a cough. Air conditioner on all day. Can't even open the windows because of the smoke. May last into September. The climate is changing.

We are finally getting rain. This was the Mississippi in Jacobson MN a week ago. When we get decent rain, the water is higher than the bank on the left and half that rest area is under water. This is a short storm passing through and we wont get much rain from it, but we need every drop.
IMG_20210711_202524619.jpg

The smoke has finally cleared up enough tgis morning that we can see the mountains around us. We've got a few clouds around here today, but no rain in sight, just dust and grasshoppers everywhere.

One more reason to have a good private well, and filtration...

A group of Seattle moms had their breast milk tested, and all of them had 'concerning' levels of toxic 'forever chemicals'

A group of Seattle moms had their breast milk tested, and all of them had 'concerning' levels of toxic 'forever chemicals' (yahoo.com)

A recent study detected significant levels of the chemicals in breast milk from 50 new mothers living in the Seattle area. The samples tested had PFAS levels that wouldn't be safe for drinking water, and the study authors said the findings "are cause for concern."

PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, can linger in the body for life and pollute the environment for even longer. Exposure as early as infancy could lead to health problems later in life, including high cholesterol, cancer, weakened immune system function, and thyroid hormone disruption.

One survey indicated that PFAS are present, to some degree, in the blood of more than 98% of Americans. Exposures to PFAS can build up over decades via drinking water and environmental fumes, but also household products such as nonstick pans, rain gear, and stain-protected sofas.

I heard Xiden wants to make, and force an untested experimental vaccine for it

I am cleaning house today,, I hate cleaning house, but I have someone coming over Thursday and I wouldn't want them thing I was a pig,,,so we clean the house
Not my favorite chore either. I can keep picked up but don’t go looking for dust in the corners or anything…..

One more reason to have a good private well, and filtration...

A group of Seattle moms had their breast milk tested, and all of them had 'concerning' levels of toxic 'forever chemicals'

A group of Seattle moms had their breast milk tested, and all of them had 'concerning' levels of toxic 'forever chemicals' (yahoo.com)

A recent study detected significant levels of the chemicals in breast milk from 50 new mothers living in the Seattle area. The samples tested had PFAS levels that wouldn't be safe for drinking water, and the study authors said the findings "are cause for concern."

PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, can linger in the body for life and pollute the environment for even longer. Exposure as early as infancy could lead to health problems later in life, including high cholesterol, cancer, weakened immune system function, and thyroid hormone disruption.

One survey indicated that PFAS are present, to some degree, in the blood of more than 98% of Americans. Exposures to PFAS can build up over decades via drinking water and environmental fumes, but also household products such as nonstick pans, rain gear, and stain-protected sofas.

I heard Xiden wants to make, and force an untested experimental vaccine for it
I don’t drink anything that isn’t filtered. Unfortunately that’s only one way you can be exposed to toxic substances. Mass production of food can expose us to all kinds of nasties. Even breathing the air can have stuff blowing around in it. It is definitely disturbing to think of breast milk being contaminated but I can’t say I’m surprised. Just another reason I am a fan of not polluting the world we live in. Environmental regulations have our best interests at heart in the long run Even if they hurt in the short term.

So anyone here placing bets on wether Bezos blows up tomorrow? I wish him well but this rocket has never flown a live person before. And only had 12 test flights. Personally I would have a few more test flights first if I was him but he didn’t get so rich by not taking some risks in life.

So anyone here placing bets on wether Bezos blows up tomorrow? I wish him well but this rocket has never flown a live person before. And only had 12 test flights. Personally I would have a few more test flights first if I was him but he didn’t get so rich by not taking some risks in life.

Anyone else hoping for a bad O-ring?

I'm grateful the space program was so low on BHO's priority list that it was pushed off onto the private sector. On the other hand, healthcare plans are something about which he cared enough to eff all up by involving multiple levels of federal government. I sure miss my pre-bama health insurance coverage and premiums.

Anyone else hoping for a bad O-ring?
I don’t understand the jealousy of people like him. He achieved the ultimate success from a great idea, good timing and lots of hard work. I’d say that’s the American dream. I use Amazon all the time, more choices of products gives us the ability to compare quality and pricing. I am excited for him to be able to do this, only still would have let some gung-ho test pilots test it out some more first!

There's no jealousy at all of course not. If he has the money and like to do it - then go ahead and enjoy it. Then i'm happy for him he have the possibilty to do it.
I always say live and let live.
But he and others of his kind tend to tell and decide for us "normal little people" what we need or have to do and what's good for us. If such people thinking they are god and the only ones who know what an good life is because they having too much money - yes, then i'm hoping for an bad O-ring too.

As i wrote before: I always say live and let live.
But it's working both ways.

We are going into a 7 day hard lockdown in South Australia.
Delta variant popped it's ugly head 700km away in Adelaide, so the whole state in lockdown. We were doing ok for so long, but it was only a matter of time.
People still panic buying, shelves empty, now social media aflame with people crying they have no food. This is our third ( and harshest ) lockdown - you'd think after 2 warm ups people would learn and start to prepare a little.
Guess not.
I'm fortunate to be considered an essential worker, so no staying at home with no income - can't get over the fact that fishing isn't considered an essential task!! Going to be a fun 7 days.

Latest posts

Back