Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was supposed to be sunny today, but it is so grey and dreary. Tomorrow back to rain again. My outside preps are way behind.

Happy Mother's Day ya'll! If a female want to dress and act like a dude, fine their choice, but last I knew only females can birth a baby. So they are leaving out all the mom men by calling it a birthing unit or person. Isn't that racist?

Last edited:
Had a great day, took Helena to the Danube River to a restaurant about 40 ft from the river for Mothers Day lunch. $10-all you can eat. 6 meats, 5 veggies, 4 salads and 4 types of desserts. 2 glasses of wine, 2 bottles of water, 2 meals and desserts with a cognac for her...all together was less than $30. Came back to visit her friend on the lake, came home to grill dinner and she got to bed happy. Chatted with my best friend in Germany for an hour online and will crash now. Great day, hope you all got to enjoy your families and friends this weekend also. Live free, Gary

Its just after 3 in the afternoon here. I prepared Angus beef filet mignon steak Kabobs with mushrooms, onion, sweet peppers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and fresh jumbo Gulf brown Shrimp kabobs with onion, pineapple, sweet peppers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes.

We also had a cajun dirty rice, a culliflower cassarole, a chocolate cake and a banana cream pie.

We are now at the pool, I'm watching the kids and grandkids swim.

Just 2 more cold beers for me and I will done.....ready for a nap!

Rain and storms again today. Im so far behind on my garden.
I know the feeling. I should have been picking green beans, all kind of squash and cucumbers by now. It's just a weird year all around apparently. I have about 75 ft of garden rows that I need to add in dirt to raise them up since I let hunny do the rows this year. Everything that gets planted does not germinate there. He had good intentions. . . so I give him kudos for that. Normally he doesn't help at all.

We got back from Mom's house not too long before feeding time this evening. I stretched out my cooking since I had a few items to make. Thursday, I started with my pecan pies since I needed to do 2. Hunny would have gone crazy knowing a pie was in the house and he couldn't eat it. And then the baked beans since they are always better after the day cooked. After work Friday I only did my normal but Saturday I ended up doing the potato salad and Apple Cream Cheese Pie. Mom really wanted my Aunt Nancey's apple pie recipe but she was out visiting my grandma who is not doing very well right now. She did say mine was good though. Then I made some no spice chili since mom wanted it for chili dogs.

This morning I got up to just warm up things. . . Went down to moms for hunny and I to make and season the hamburgers for hunny to grill along with jalapenoes and hot dogs. Sis grilled corn on her grills she brought. Sis and I did all set up, all of the cooking besides what my hunny grilled and cleanup. Her husband kids just show up to eat. Pisses my ### off. As I was hugging them all and receiving the compliments of how good everything was, I was a bitch. I kept a smile on my face saying Well your turn is up next. Father's Day is right down the road. Sis told me step dad told her his kids were intimidated by us since we can actually cook and are so efficient. . . I call that as a cop out. Don't think they realize how much money, time and effort is put into these kinds of events. Sis made a couple pies herself for today.

I did the majority since she works 60 plus a week and has a liberal ### husband who recently decided he needed to quite his job. A doctor has now diagnosed him with fatiguezitous. This is probably misspelled. Let's just say he is lazy, doesn't want to work, and just wants to stay home to play games. He honestly thinks Biden is steering us as a nation in the right direction. Was proud of him though today when Trump was brought up and I freely put in my 2 cents and he didn't say a word. Even Sis was impressed. . . All of my baked beans were taken home by the other side along with the majority of my potato salad. Glad I had taken out some of my baked beans for leftovers since they didn't fit in the 5 quart crock pot I had.

Latest posts

Back