Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are all organized. I'm a weirdo and alphabetize mine.
Nothing weird about that. I try to organize mine by use, although I hadn't yet in that picture.

If there was a 'how weird are you' thread, I would surely champion it. I have suffered from all sorts of mental issues in my life. When I was a kid, I had a superstitious version of OCD, just not with labels. I used to honestly believe that if I didn't retrace my every footstep, that bad things would happen (like walking around a table meant I would go back around it the other way, or leave a room using the same path I entered in). A couple decades ago, thoroughly annoyed by it, I forced myself to break all those habits and, to this day, I notice when I do. When I was 3, I came upstairs (at like 4am) and grandma asked, "why aren't you asleep?" I told her "because my brain won't shut up". I don't mean that in a schizophrenic way, they were my own thoughts, but because of it I still sleep about 2 hours a night. My mind usually runs through thoughts faster than I can process and I developed this thing I call subconsciously voluntary tourettes just for the bad topics that I dwell on. I didn't realize I was doing it until it became habitual. When my mind realizes it is dwelling on anything negative yet inconsequential,, I involuntarily mutter a word (that usually changes about twice a year) that breaks the thought process long enough for me to forget what it was I was dwelling on and move on. It has evolved into this highly effective delete feature for things that bother me that I couldn't live without. The only difference between that and real tourettes (maybe) is that with great effort and focus I can often resist vocalizing the word if I am in public. My sister died of a 47th chromosome and my CB handle is Loose Wire. Putting spices in alphabetical order sounds very logical to me!

If anyone has experience with the handheld geiger counters on amazon, id appreciate some insight. The little rectangular white one has a german review mentioning a firmware timer for servicing...

I have two shelves in a cabinet by the stove. One shelf has A - L and the second has the others.
I'd go insane if I didn't keep all my leafy green stuff together, my onion and garlic salts/powders together etc. everything has a category. Hot, smokey, salty, lemony (recently discovered fisherman's wharf, yum!) etc. Same with the canned goods. I'd lose my mind if I did it in alphabetical order. If the pasta's and rice aren't together, the chili stuff wasn't in one spot, the soups didn't have a shelf of their own, the pasta sauce pizza sauce and marinara sauce were scattered about, who knows.

I got the OCD bad too, just in a different order :)

The Weather channel posted that the climate change has causws the earth ti cgange it's axis.
Older Eskimos are talking for a long time of how the sun used to come up over a certain mountain at a certain time and they would use this to decide what season it was, and now, the sun is coming up over a different place and they do not understand what happened and are having problems telling the seasons and cannot follow the animals for hunting as done for thousands of years before...

Older Eskimos are talking for a long time of how the sun used to come up over a certain mountain at a certain time and they would use this to decide what season it was, and now, the sun is coming up over a different place and they do not understand what happened and are having problems telling the seasons and cannot follow the animals for hunting as done for thousands of years before...
We gotta laser etch them some up-to-date astrolabes :)

Most Eskimos are living off the government tit now days. Many spend their days drunk or huffing spray paint and couldn't care less where the sun is.

Maybe the entire galaxy got sideways. I used to be good at telling the time with the big dipper, but now if I try, I need to ignore daylight savings time (even though we use it here). If I account for the difference between solar noon and clock noon, I am only 15 minutes off using the stars. If I account for DST like I always used to, I am way off.

The Weather channel posted that the climate change has caused the earth ti change it's axis. I have my 3 wheel bike. all i need is my sign "the end is near"

I harrowed about 40 acres of pasture and seeded another 10 more today. Only a few patches of snow left around the house and in the timber. High temp today was 44 degs and looks like more snow is moving in tonight.
Our asparagus is coming up and 3 fruit trees got girdled over the winter. We bought 4 fruit trees for replacements.

I harrowed about 40 acres of pasture and seeded another 10 more today. Only a few patches of snow left around the house and in the timber. High temp today was 44 degs and looks like more snow is moving in tonight.
Our asparagus is coming up and 3 fruit trees got girdled over the winter. We bought 4 fruit trees for replacements.
Sounds like a busy day AD.

Nothing weird about that. I try to organize mine by use, although I hadn't yet in that picture.

If there was a 'how weird are you' thread, I would surely champion it. I have suffered from all sorts of mental issues in my life. When I was a kid, I had a superstitious version of OCD, just not with labels. I used to honestly believe that if I didn't retrace my every footstep, that bad things would happen (like walking around a table meant I would go back around it the other way, or leave a room using the same path I entered in). A couple decades ago, thoroughly annoyed by it, I forced myself to break all those habits and, to this day, I notice when I do. When I was 3, I came upstairs (at like 4am) and grandma asked, "why aren't you asleep?" I told her "because my brain won't shut up". I don't mean that in a schizophrenic way, they were my own thoughts, but because of it I still sleep about 2 hours a night. My mind usually runs through thoughts faster than I can process and I developed this thing I call subconsciously voluntary tourettes just for the bad topics that I dwell on. I didn't realize I was doing it until it became habitual. When my mind realizes it is dwelling on anything negative yet inconsequential,, I involuntarily mutter a word (that usually changes about twice a year) that breaks the thought process long enough for me to forget what it was I was dwelling on and move on. It has evolved into this highly effective delete feature for things that bother me that I couldn't live without. The only difference between that and real tourettes (maybe) is that with great effort and focus I can often resist vocalizing the word if I am in public. My sister died of a 47th chromosome and my CB handle is Loose Wire. Putting spices in alphabetical order sounds very logical to me!
lol! I would have my spices alphabetically arranged but my wife puts things in a different spot every time she touches them. It used to bother me but I finally just adjusted my attitude to it. As far as having ocd and other odd disorders, once I took a psychology class and learned how weird people can get I felt perfectly normal after it!

Look up the movement of the magnetic north pole for the last hundred years or so. (The report has already been made) You will learn that it is moving forty some odd kilometers every year. And not in a circle. Another hundred years it could be in Russia somewhere. No jokes. Just science.

Latest posts

Back