Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DD did you see where. Nashville is increasing property taxes by 34%? Lots of talk in Cali as well as other Dem cities to do the same.
It is crazy that taxes can go up to that amount! We have a 2% increase and trust me they do use the max every year here. It is a crying shame that since the city lost so much revenue that they expect their citizens who have been struggling themselves with the shutdowns to come up with extra money they lost because of it. I saw where Dallas was trying to raise taxes to 8% but they have to get it passed first.

It is crazy that taxes can go up to that amount! We have a 2% increase and trust me they do use the max every year here. It is a crying shame that since the city lost so much revenue that they expect their citizens who have been struggling themselves with the shutdowns to come up with extra money they lost because of it. I saw where Dallas was trying to raise taxes to 8% but they have to get it passed first.

Totally with you! The government needs to CUT their darn spending! Just like WE do when things happen that affect our budget. GRRR! :mad:

Fortunately I am about an hour and a half from Nashville so my taxes should remain the same. The water bill will go up. That is the only increase I have heard of so far. There is a big difference in Nashville and the outlying rural areas of Tennessee. There has been a large influx of elderly to some areas of the Plateau as a retirement area because of the mild weather. There are in some areas like mine lots of survivalists, preppers and homesteaders looking to get lost in the backwoods, hills and hollers of these mountains. Local governments somewhat cater to that. Very little to no government intervention. No building permits, inspections, zoning regulations etc.... Can work both ways though when some idiot decides to put a pig farm next door. It's a double edged sword.

I miss my fresh green beans. I tried to plant the Kentucky Wonders, but the rabbits munched down when they were about 4 inches high.. Hoping to replant when it starts to cool off in September. Still have my Italian Flat and Contenders in the freezer that I am using.

Latest posts

Back