Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister came down with covid a couple days ago. Sun she had a fever of 102 and by Mon morning was taken to the hospital with breathing issues. She is extremely tired and was given oxygen to help with the breathing. I'll get an update later today but was told yesterday she will be there anywhere between 3-5 days.

My sister came down with covid a couple days ago. Sun she had a fever of 102 and by Mon morning was taken to the hospital with breathing issues. She is extremely tired and was given oxygen to help with the breathing. I'll get an update later today but was told yesterday she will be there anywhere between 3-5 days.

Dani I am so sorry to hear your sister is sick. Will say some prayers for her. Do let us have updates if you have time.:rolleyes:

My wife just informed me that Jack Ma (Ali Express and Alibaba guy) who got pushed out at Alibaba by the Government last year, is under house arrest. Ali Express is now essentially owned and operated by the CCP.
Apparently he got so rich he became a threat to the CCP, and he was becoming increasingly critical of the CCP. He is trying to escape from China before he gets off'd.

I pray for her recovery. One should never go to the hospital for Covid19, learn to cure it yourself. Its really not that hard.

MN I have noticed some of the very distant short wave stations I occasionally trawl through on my reciever are just static lately ??
Most jamming is done with high power music transmissions, repetitive sweeping/wooshing noises or digital nonsense. To hear just static suggests the station you were listening to was either simply off the air for some reason or propagation conditions could have been bad.

Shortwave stations often change their output power (and often antenna radiation patters using multiple antennas and phasing lines) to control what areas the signal goes to. This isn't necessarily a conspiracy though. For instance, during the day, shortwave stations do not attempt to transmit around the world because, for them, the sun is shining and that ionizes the D layer of the ionosphere which heavily attenuates the signals that would otherwise make it to the upper F layers for long distance propagation. Pay attention to when the transmitting station is nearing dark hours and try to do your listening when a significant portion of the path between you and them is dark. This is the same reason ham radio operators tend to favor 40m during the day and 80m at night. During the day, 3.5MHz has no chance of getting through the D layer and at night 40m (being a shorter wavelength with respect to 80m) refracts less off the weaker nighttime F layer. Likewise, at night, 80m has no D layer to contend with and is a long enough wavelength to refract in the weak combined F layer and, during the day, 40m has a better chance of getting through that D layer getting up to the F1 and F2 layers.

The ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications and ARRL Antenna Book each dedicate an entire chapter to radio wave propagation for the various bands. Well worth having those books on hand.

GeorgianI have the Ham radio for Dummies book and studied to take a test, but had to drive all the way to Nashville for it. Decided when SHTF it wont matter if i have a license or not. I justnget on and yell help. Some guysnwhonused to be in here, helped me a lot. I'm terrible with math formulas and that is a lot of the test.

I pray for her recovery. One should never go to the hospital for Covid19, learn to cure it yourself. Its really not that hard.
Found out last night I work with a carrier for a week before he found out he was positive. His symptoms were mild since he is college age. I have yet to get it and that was 3 weeks ago. I just be doing something right. . . Think taking the CDS as a preventative helps.

Found out last night I work with a carrier for a week before he found out he was positive. His symptoms were mild since he is college age. I have yet to get it and that was 3 weeks ago. I just be doing something right. . . Think taking the CDS as a preventative helps.
CDS does more than helps, it works

I wish her the best, and for the rest of your family. Covid isn’t the plague everyone was scared of but it is real enough for many.

I wish her the best, and for the rest of your family. Covid isn’t the plague everyone was scared of but it is real enough for many.
Thank you Brent. I am hoping she will not have the tiredness so many have commented on. When I talked to her yesterday, she was just hoping to get some rest. . . she wasn't able to the night before because of the coughing and breathing issues. Today she is ready to break free with getting board. :) That is a good sign. She should be released tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back