Chat Messages

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son has one day of school this week. Hopefully, i get the new hot water heater installed this morning. When you get a propane heater, the price rises quite a bit.

My son has one day of school this week. Hopefully, i get the new hot water heater installed this morning. When you get a propane heater, the price rises quite a bit.
I bought a propane water heater too. Trying to get off the big electric appliances here. i still haven’t gotten around to installing it yet as the electric one was pretty new. I just have too many other projects going on honestly. I do think its a smart move as far as prepping goes. I love hot water and will go to great lengths to avoid a cold shower!

I won't have a gas heater,years ago we had one that went bad the pilot light went out and I went down to relight it,,,the control valve had failed and when I tried to relight it we had a small gas explosion burned most of my hand removed the hair on my arm and both eyebrows,,,,they cost more to run but I will stick to electric

Does anybody out there have any advice as to where to go foraging for pizzas and where I have a chance to get to hunt and shoot my own spagetti???
No need to shoot the spaghetti, just pick it from the spaghetti tree. 🤣
spagtree.jpg

Make it like the original Homestead act. they have to live on, and make the required improvement before they can sell it. Want to bet on how many take the deal or last until they qualify to sell.
Again, where is the government going to find 32 million acres of farm land without stealing it from White farmers first?? And don't you see this as extremely racist? Hell, I could use another 160 acres too.

I won't have a gas heater,years ago we had one that went bad the pilot light went out and I went down to relight it,,,the control valve had failed and when I tried to relight it we had a small gas explosion burned most of my hand removed the hair on my arm and both eyebrows,,,,they cost more to run but I will stick to electric
GG I love my gas. There are probably lots of safety measures since your accident.

I bought a propane water heater too. Trying to get off the big electric appliances here. i still haven’t gotten around to installing it yet as the electric one was pretty new. I just have too many other projects going on honestly. I do think its a smart move as far as prepping goes. I love hot water and will go to great lengths to avoid a cold shower!
Brent, the recovery time between gas and electric is worth it for me. We take lots and long showers and the water heats really fast. The propane tanks are even more expensive than natural gas though. Going through Lowes or Home Depot can take 2 weeks to get. The Lochinvar plant is about 20 miles away so my plumber can get it same day.

6 days at work, some overtime done,next double shift on sunday, saturday should be free,should..

today was shopping for food, doc's appointment,deemed physically fit for permanent employment..

must have been pretty tired yesterday when I came home,as this morning I found my t-shirt on the freezer and my undies on the kitchen table,don't ask me how or why, don't remember..

too many hours at work maybe ..

Oh Jonntte! That is a sign of complete exhaustion. You must rest!

Brent, the recovery time between gas and electric is worth it for me. We take lots and long showers and the water heats really fast. The propane tanks are even more expensive than natural gas though. Going through Lowes or Home Depot can take 2 weeks to get. The Lochinvar plant is about 20 miles away so my plumber can get it same day.
I got the instant or tankless type. I honestly have no complaints about my electric water heater now as it’s big enough to never run out for our needs. My goal has been to switch over to solar for everything except the central heat and air here. I’m slowly moving forwards on that. I don’t know if getting propane refills will be available during a crisis or not, but I do know that the grid can go down in an instant. We just recently had a couple days without it here. At least with the 500lb propane I will have weeks of gas to transition into a more primitive mode of life. The wood stove is always an option, but it’s a lot more labor intensive than my current options.

Sending wishes that your visit with the surgeon goes well today DD!

Thank you and everyone else for your concerns. Had my third round of xrays today and so far so good. Swelling is going down and the bruising is healing. The bone is not showing much healing yet though. We will go back in a couple weeks and xray again to monitor and make sure the bone alignment is good. If not then he will put screws in the foot. I have lots of reading to do and am taking an online class in medicinal herbs. Building those skills always!

Everyone stay safe DD

A Vietnamese station on 5.8MHz (during the short english speaking section) talked about how many shortwave political stations are being jammed. They even referenced a few from my state. The BS must be thick to start censoring shortwave radio broadcasts!

Latest posts

Back