Quantcast

Char cloth

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
Well altoids tin has become quite useful. First poke a small hole in the lid then cut some bandanna squares, I did 2 inch. Place in tin and close. Place on fire or BBQ cook until it stops smoking. That's it done. I took some dried grass and placed the cloth in the center threw a spark on it with fire steel blew on it a bit and bam FIRE.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359759131.450677.jpg

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Well altoids tin has become quite useful. First poke a small hole in the lid then cut some bandanna squares, I did 2 inch. Place in tin and close. Place on fire or BBQ cook until it stops smoking. That's it done. I took some dried grass and placed the cloth in the center threw a spark on it with fire steel blew on it a bit and bam FIRE.
View attachment 549
Colt, you never cease to amaze me with the versatility of the Altoids Tin!
I have never made a fire without the use of a lighter, so his should be fun!

DB_Cooper

Jr Member
Reaction score
I saw this done on Dual Survival. I love that show cause I learn simple things that could wind up helping me out someday.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
Clydesdale, if you go to a hobby/craft store, you should be able to buy tins of different sizes and shapes. I love the char cloth, I'll have to try it. Thanks.

Mastercajun

Reaction score
Its kind of like charcoal, it is a light material that has already been cooked basically. When a spark hits it the spark sticks. If you have dry tinder it will light up.
Davmy: you will have to show me all about it whenever we meet for a preppers get together. Hope we can get one together before TSHTF.

Latest posts