Chain saws

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice and sturdy EW! Is that a huge water container in the back there?
Thats my my 5k water tank. My setup right now doesn’t allow me to fill it off standard hook up. The pump does about 20 gph into it. I have a back up plan to bypass it If needed.
My water needs are a little higher than most. Ponies need 25 gallons a day during the summer. x6 it adds up.

I could stare at those mountains forever. Ahhhh. Peacefulness just come over a person with a view like that.

On another subject. How are you feeling today? Did resting by the fire help last night?
I'm feeling pretty good today. Split a bunch of firewood, and now I'm up to my waist in a beaver swamp. I'm surprised that I get a signal here.

Thats my my 5k water tank. My setup right now doesn’t allow me to fill it off standard hook up. The pump does about 20 gph into it. I have a back up plan to bypass it If needed.
My water needs are a little higher than most. Ponies need 25 gallons a day during the summer. x6 it adds up.
Do you have electric and a well where you live? Can you put in a automatic waterer in a stock tank?

Got my wood splitter today.

Needs to get fully lubricated to work smoother. I had trouble getting the rubber plug back in after fillIng it. Had to keep bleeding it too. Hopefully, it will be well lubricated tomorrow. I split a few logs and it was so much easier for me.
Hope it works for you.

Do you have electric and a well where you live? Can you put in a automatic waterer in a stock tank?
I have electric when PGE doesn’t have it shut off.
My back up is a 7500 Gen hooked to propane and 6 circuits of the house.
Pressure pump is 1, but not the deep well pump. I have a cord that I can wire direct to a 2nd Gen in an emergency.
A battery backup would be the ideal with the solar. A transfer switch to the well controlls is probably the first step.
I feed the stock tanks from IBC with automatic waterers. The existing piping leaked like a sieve. The IBC system gives me 2 weeks of water for each horse, power free. I have had to Evac and depended on a Sherrif to water the critters. No power=no water. This was my stop gap as the herd thins down.

Posting here because it has to do with wood.

I prime my chimney with burning newspaper because the downdraft is so strong. If I didn't, smoke everywhere. Question...... can I prime the chimney with a blow dryer so that there isnt any smoke? Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone try it?

Robin, you tried one of these to stop the downdraft? They work great.

1637335525500.png

Posting here because it has to do with wood.

I prime my chimney with burning newspaper because the downdraft is so strong. If I didn't, smoke everywhere. Question...... can I prime the chimney with a blow dryer so that there isnt any smoke? Sounds like a good idea to me. Anyone try it?
I had one fireplace that I had to open the window to create an updraft.

I don’t know the biggest log I’ve split but some were good sized. It has plenty of power.
Brent, you were correct about the manual log splitter. I love it. I can do much larger logs than recommended. My son and I split a large utility cart full yesterday in 35 minutes. I'll take that.

We got the new wood shed completely filled with firewood now. Still have about a half cord to split and stack for the fur shed. Its all covered in snow now.
The grand kids are here now. They brought their little JD wheel barrow with them to help bring firewood to the front porch. We keep about a weeks worth of wood by the front door.

We got the new wood shed completely filled with firewood now. Still have about a half cord to split and stack for the fur shed. Its all covered in snow now.
The grand kids are here now. They brought their little JD wheel barrow with them to help bring firewood to the front porch. We keep about a weeks worth of wood by the front door.

1637761358747.gif

Just split another utility wagon of wood. My son and I have the best conversations while working. He loves talking about old movies and Cary Grant, Bogey and Grace Kelly the most. Quality time.

Growing up, my kids watched black and white movies, Andy Griffith, etc. Didn't watch Sesame Street at all. Even 30 years ago, it was way to PC for me.

Latest posts

Back