Chain saws

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find the posts we had when i was buying the pole saw so I started another.

All of my sawing is far from an electrical source. The battery powered pole saw is great. Now I am thinking of buying a battery powered reciprocating saw. I have an electric one but I would like one I can take out into the woods.

Any one have a battery powered reciprocating saw? If so, what are your reviews.

Just another suggestion. I have a small Harbor Freight 2cycle generator that I can take most anywhere that can supply power to run corded devices when away from the grid. Has been very handy for running these type of devices in the woods.

But, I think the cordless saws are the best, but if you need to recharge the batteries during a full day of cutting, the little generator is still handy to have around. I have this from before cordless devices became readily available and still find it useful.

Just another suggestion. I have a small Harbor Freight 2cycle generator that I can take most anywhere that can supply power to run corded devices when away from the grid. Has been very handy for running these type of devices in the woods.

But, I think the cordless saws are the best, but if you need to recharge the batteries during a full day of cutting, the little generator is still handy to have around. I have this from before cordless devices became readily available and still find it useful.

Thanks. Good idea.

My first cordless tools were ryobi. We’re talking 30+ yrs ago. They had a 9.6v battery that didn’t last long but just the fact of not having a cord made it worthwhile. I still have all the 18v desalt tools that I have had for many years now. My son love’s Milwaukee cordless and thinks I should just replace the dewalts. The dewalts still work great, and I’ve only had to replace some batteries, so the practical side of me just doesn’t see wasting money on replacing them. No complaints about the usability or durability of the dewalts at all. The new line is all 20v but the 18 is still available to order.

My first cordless tools were ryobi. We’re talking 30+ yrs ago. They had a 9.6v battery that didn’t last long but just the fact of not having a cord made it worthwhile. I still have all the 18v desalt tools that I have had for many years now. My son love’s Milwaukee cordless and thinks I should just replace the dewalts. The dewalts still work great, and I’ve only had to replace some batteries, so the practical side of me just doesn’t see wasting money on replacing them. No complaints about the usability or durability of the dewalts at all. The new line is all 20v but the 18 is still available to order.

Mine are 18v. I've been out using the reciprocating saw, but that's it so far.

Mine are 18v. I've been out using the reciprocating saw, but that's it so far.
If I just had a few tools replacing them wouldn’t be an issue, but I have every tool, and duplicates of several. Even have an 18ga nailer, right angle drill, jig saw, grinder, circular saw, etc. the only thing I don’t have is the bandsaw.

The toolsminuse most are the pole saw and and reciprocating saw. Both are new with new batteries.

This set has

Reciprocating saw
Drill
Power driver
Light
Circular saw
Weed eater
Sander
Multi tool
Can't remember the other

For the small amount I use them, they should be all I need.

As usual, I am the oddball. Got lots of cordless tools but have gotten fed up with buying batteries. For the price to two batteries you can also get a new tool with batteries....... seems a ripoff to me. SO, as my batteries die, I am replacing with corded tools. I have a couple small generators, so I can take my power with me. I will keep a couple cordless around for the quick fixes but if I am doing major projects, I will be using corded tools because I am tired of buying batteries.

As usual, I am the oddball. Got lots of cordless tools but have gotten fed up with buying batteries. For the price to two batteries you can also get a new tool with batteries....... seems a ripoff to me. SO, as my batteries die, I am replacing with corded tools. I have a couple small generators, so I can take my power with me. I will keep a couple cordless around for the quick fixes but if I am doing major projects, I will be using corded tools because I am tired of buying batteries.

I need my tools too far from the house. I was running three 100 foot extension cords to cut a limb. It was too time consuming.

Latest posts

Back